On Step 1.1, the command "mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda2/etc /etc" should be issued to ensure /etc being writable. Please just make sure your partitions were mapped as /sda1 and /sda2, using DF command or checking from your browser http://your_router_ip/USB.asp. If not, you'll have to modify the script accordingly, because you have a different router and DD-WRT may have assigned the partitions in a different way too.
I think "chmod 755 /etc" won't work on NTFS.
If it were the case, it would be nice starting a topic, based on this tutorial, specific for TP-Link Archer C7, placing your modified script.
I have just tested the script, as is, and it worked fine. Please start over, entering line by line.
msantos, I found a tutorial for a Western Digital NAS, which uses PHP as an RSS reading tool (script), but I can't seem to get PHP installed/working on my config. If I Google 'install php on dd-wrt', I only get pages with the .php extension (ofcourse). You are such a legend with this whole tutorial, maybe you could shine a light on it?
You're right it won't work, I've tried many things...
Here it is my workaround:
- Get NAS set up with user and password, on server router;
- Get [Administration/Management/CIFS Automount] enabled, on client router;
- Run a "not elegant" command to assign (or map) "/mnt/sda1/dlna/Videos" directory, every boot, on client router;
- Change MiniDLNA configuration file to read the shared directory [/mnt/smbshare], on client router.
That can be accomplished fine, but...
- MiniDLNA won't detect new media. You have to issue a -R command (rebuild MiniDLNA database) for new media, because Inotify won't work under CIFS;
- 2GB movies may not run properly due to VPN bandwidth (tested: 20Mbps upload on server and 10Mbps download on client).
Here they are both Startup Command and MiniDLNA configuration mods:
i am stuck here,
cp -a /lib/* /tmp/mnt/sda1/lib/
doesn't execute, it just stuck there for hours
couldn't transfer functions.sh also
what am i doing wrong ?
i am on build 28976
tried to upgrade to 29739 but bricked my router
Last edited by rahupanchal11 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:07 Post subject: installed Optware sucessfully but problem in installing Tran
So finally a breakthrough
successfully installed optware, but can't install transmission,
instep 1.3 you said to restart the router, but when i restart the router, i don't get a colorful prompt.
also can't update opkg, says -sh : opkg not found ?
so i decided not to restart it and install directly, which one should i install: snapshot repository or the other repository ?
i tried other repository but router kinda bricked (power led kept blinking, no other led were on, and pd led also stopped working)
will try to install snapshot one now from the start