Netgear R7000

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 269, 270, 271  Next
hallauman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
hallauman wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
hallauman wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

You did not connect the right pins, look at my picture at myopenrouter.

yeah you right.
i connect another serial device, log is here.

now, what can i do?
plz let me know. Surprised Surprised

Hmmm I thought you flashed my build?
This is not the output from my build.

i flash firm in your initial .chk file and
this is log.
still can't get ip and can't connect web gui page.
Crying or Very sad

And guess why:

Device eth0: hwaddr 00-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF, ipaddr 192.168.1.1, mask 255.255.255.0

Now lets see, if your board data or cfe is corrupt:

cat /dev/mtd0ro > /tmp/cfe.bin
strings /tmp/cfe.bin | grep et0macaddr

hu.. command run result
==========================
root@DD-WRT:/tmp# strings /tmp/cfe.bin | grep et0macaddr
et0macaddr=00:90:4C:0F:F2:a7
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
hallauman wrote:

OK, then probably the rest is ok and it was just a needed reset. For ssh login you need user root. Not your webinterface user.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
hallauman wrote:

OK, then probably the rest is ok and it was just a needed reset. For ssh login you need user root. Not your webinterface user.

ok! how to reset??
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
hallauman wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
hallauman wrote:

ok! how to reset??

Method 1: Press reset button and power on while holding the reset button for at least 30s, then release reset button and it cfe will erase nvram.

Method 2: If you have dd-wrt running and cfe does not fully erase nvram ( e.g when it is relocated) you can login via serial/telnet/ssh and run command:

erase nvram

For all supported AC routers Method 1 works. For older devices e.g. NV32K/NV60K that were upgrade to a K3 build you need Method 2.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong,

I've tried everything with the newest build I can think of.

The usb issues were definitely solved, but I'm still getting random internet disconnects.

Most of the time turning off spi firewall and turning it back on works. The problem is random and I'm not exactly sure what it is. When I've lost internet most of the time I can log into telnet and use the router to ping outside websites.

I had to revert to Netgear's firmware for now because I can't really leave it up to test. But let me know what I can look into when I do have time to test. From what I'm thinking I'm thinking it's the firewall.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
donatom3 wrote:
Kong,

The usb issues were definitely solved, but I'm still getting random internet disconnects.

Most of the time turning off spi firewall and turning it back on works. The problem is random and I'm not exactly sure what it is. When I've lost internet most of the time I can log into telnet and use the router to ping outside websites.

I had to revert to Netgear's firmware for now because I can't really leave it up to test. But let me know what I can look into when I do have time to test. From what I'm thinking I'm thinking it's the firewall.

Turning off/on firewall triggers a lot of things, therefore it could be some other problem.
To be honest I haven't done a long term test with internet connectivity, but this will change in the next few days as I'm pretty much done with the R6300V2, thus will replace my R6300V1 with either the R7000 or R6300V2. Then I will spot any issues with internet connectivity right away.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
donatom3 wrote:
Kong,

Turning off/on firewall triggers a lot of things, therefore it could be some other problem.
To be honest I haven't done a long term test with internet connectivity, but this will change in the next few days as I'm pretty much done with the R6300V2, thus will replace my R6300V1 with either the R7000 or R6300V2. Then I will spot any issues with internet connectivity right away.

Is there any log I can pull off when this happens that would help?

I'm thinking to run my R7000 behind my RT-AC66u so that way I won't affect everyone else in the house when the issue arises.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
donatom3 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
donatom3 wrote:
Kong,

I'm thinking to run my R7000 behind my RT-AC66u so that way I won't affect everyone else in the house when the issue arises.

Since you can login and you can ping out it means both interfaces are still operating, thus maybe nat or dns resolving issues.

You could run wireshark on the client which cannot connect and check if there are replys from the router. Next step would be to use the included tcpdump on the router to check what he gets and if he replys, that should show what is wrong. But then I have to reproduce it so I can fix it.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
donatom3 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
donatom3 wrote:
Kong,

Since you can login and you can ping out it means both interfaces are still operating, thus maybe nat or dns resolving issues.

You could run wireshark on the client which cannot connect and check if there are replys from the router. Next step would be to use the included tcpdump on the router to check what he gets and if he replys, that should show what is wrong. But then I have to reproduce it so I can fix it.

All clients lose internet access. I can't even ping an external IP address. I'll start a ping with yahoo.com before the problem starts and then once the problem starts the pings drop.

Maybe it is something to do with NAT then then since I can ping from the router itself still. Since all clients can still ping the router and get through it's menus. The router still shows it has a wan connection with a valid IP address.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
donatom3 wrote:

All clients lose internet access. I can't even ping an external IP address. I'll start a ping with yahoo.com before the problem starts and then once the problem starts the pings drop.

Maybe it is something to do with NAT then then since I can ping from the router itself still. Since all clients can still ping the router and get through it's menus. The router still shows it has a wan connection with a valid IP address.

I'm going to exchange my main router in about an hour then we will see if I experience the same problems.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could you check on ipkg/opkg before you finalize your new r6300v2 build? It would be great to be able to add openwrt stuff like squid to your build.

Also, is the USB3 port on your build actually running in "superspeed" 5Ghz USB3 mode or just high speed 480MHz USB2 mode?
Fogl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 20:35    Post subject: 2.4GHz extension channel changing Reply with quote
I'm running r22750 build and I have trouble with extension channel on 2.4GHz band. My wl0 configuration is:
Wireless Channel: 11
Channel Width: 40MHz
Extension Channel: Upper

When I apply these settings, status says:
Channel: 11 + 9
Rate: 405 Mbps

When I let it sit over night, I will get:
Channel: 13 + 11
Rate: 75 Mbps

Any suggestions?

Edit: I should say I'm in US so 1-11 channels only. Most devices here will not connect to channel >11.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorbe wrote:
Could you check on ipkg/opkg before you finalize your new r6300v2 build? It would be great to be able to add openwrt stuff like squid to your build.

Also, is the USB3 port on your build actually running in "superspeed" 5Ghz USB3 mode or just high speed 480MHz USB2 mode?

Yes it is running in USB 3 mode and the latest build shows no issues at all, did about 2h hours of parallel pushing and downloading. FTP speed is currently at 40MB/s and my private build with optimization does 50MB/s now. Not even overclocked it for this test, and I know the R7000 runs fine and cool at 1200:-)

As far as I know there are no openwrt packages for arm, even if there were this is not the way to go, there is already progress on this matter, someone already works on dd-wrt compatible packages for mipsel and can probably do the same for arm.

Quote:
Edit: I should say I'm in US so 1-11 channels only. Most devices here will not connect to channel >11.

Then don't set 11 + Upper

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not want to be a smart ass, but what I suppose to set, if I want to use (only available here) channel 11 yet I want to use 40MHz channel width.
It just does not seems to be right, that dd-wrt ignores regional settings and pick extended channel, which is off the allowed range (ok, 12 & 13 are technically legal with very low power, but almost no devices will play with them properly).
What is bothering me even more is the fact, that is extended channel is hopping between 9 & 13. What is the point anyway?

Edit: IMHO, according to http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration#Table_of_2.4GHz_Channels, controll channel 11, with 40MHz upper, should use extension channel 9, never 13. Did I smoke too much?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fogl wrote:
I do not want to be a smart ass, but what I suppose to set, if I want to use (only available here) channel 11 yet I want to use 40MHz channel width.
It just does not seems to be right, that dd-wrt ignores regional settings and pick extended channel, which is off the allowed range (ok, 12 & 13 are technically legal with very low power, but almost no devices will play with them properly).
What is bothering me even more is the fact, that is extended channel is hopping between 9 & 13. What is the point anyway?

Edit: IMHO, according to http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration#Table_of_2.4GHz_Channels, controll channel 11, with 40MHz upper, should use extension channel 9, never 13. Did I smoke too much?

If you want to force US regulation you can set:

nvram set wl0_country_code=US
nvram commit
reboot

I'm not sure if BrainSlayer wants to add a gui setting for it. The problem on the netgear units is, that if you do a reset there is no way for dd-wrt to tell which country setting this unit had. If you just flash it without reset it will use the previous region setting from netgear. Asus has the region in cfe.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: