Netgear R7000

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 269, 270, 271  Next
Lightsword
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
rolfl wrote:
blogthis wrote:

@kong - Thanks for all that you do!! I'm sending you a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 today. I'll send a small Paypal donation to dd-wrt today as well. All this in the hopes that dd-wrt can "officially" support this fantastic router soon. Of course, I'm anxious to use dd-wrt on my own R7000, and I hope you can succeed with a latest kernel build for it as well. Smile I'll send you a PM......

@kong - I also sent a small donation for R7000 support.

Hehehe, well the donation probably went to dd-wrt paypal account, while I used to have my own donation button inside my old K26 kongmod builds I did not bother do do this in my current builds anymore. Basically it was not worth the effort. I think I received maybe 60€/year, not even enough to get a router, but luckily sometimes people manage to ship one and there is a unit on its way now. So I'm confident that the R7000 and maybe R6300v2 + R6250 will soon be supported.

I'm interested in getting involved in adding new devices but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it and compiling kongmod. Is it similar to how you add a new device to openwrt? Are there any compile instructions for kongmod?
Sponsor
iTTT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am not satisfy with my current wndr3700, and will buy one r7000 very soon.

hope to see dd-wrt verison for the new r7000.
rolfl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
@kong What is the status of IPv6 support on your build?
In particular I'm hoping you have dhcpv6-pd for prefix-delegation from ISP supported.
psychopomp1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
I'm new to DD-WRT and if/when its succesfully ported over to the Netgear R7000, will you be able to turn off the port lights on the R7000?
thanks
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
psychopomp1 wrote:
Hi
I'm new to DD-WRT and if/when its succesfully ported over to the Netgear R7000, will you be able to turn off the port lights on the R7000?
thanks

Actually I thought about it since the router is named after the stealth plane, but there are more important features for now.

Don't ask me about IPV6, since I don't have it and don't need it I didn't even look at the DD-WRT implementation.
I just hear about the 1001 ways ISPs do their stupid IPv6 part.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Kong, i presume you will sooner or later enable the option to disable the port lights on the R7000? I don't mind lights at all on routers, just hate flashing lights (eg indicating wifi traffic) as they turn your room into a disco dance floor at night. Routers such as Linksys EA6500, Netgear R6300 have solid lights which make sense.

Also can you tell me when you expect to release a stable non-beta DD-WRT for the R7000? Is it likely to be weeks, months or years?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
By the way I already created a little Debrick Guide for the R7000, read it while you are waiting for a release. Although I'm pretty sure you won't need it, it is still fun to check it out.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
By the way I already created a little Debrick Guide for the R7000, read it while you are waiting for a release. Although I'm pretty sure you won't need it, it is still fun to check it out.

Link?
tsume
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
XenonKilla wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Link?

http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/52395/How-to-Debrick-or-Recover-NETGEAR-R7000-R6300v2-or-R6250-Wi-Fi-Routers/
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks, did not know there was a ttl usb>stereo converter available.
blogthis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

Nice guide Kong, thank you! I've ordered those components and look forward to whipping out my soldering iron and tinkering with your forthcoming build.

Cool
XenonKilla
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
basmaf wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Not really anything special about it. If you already have a ttl converter you'd just simple need a 3.5mm stereo plug and just simply strip it down and solder it to your ttl converter.
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
XenonKilla wrote:
basmaf wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Not really anything special about it. If you already have a ttl converter you'd just simple need a 3.5mm stereo plug and just simply strip it down and solder it to your ttl converter.

I soldered plenty of LCT cables, but I still prefer cables in one piece.
They simply last longer.
Aqualung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, while I am certainly looking forward to dd-wrt on my R7000, in the meantime I can't say I am unhappy with the stock FW ... except for one minor issue: I'd like to install a better FTP server (hopefully vsftpd), as bftpd just doesn't cut it for me. Any way that I can get some details/help about the present R7000 stock environment, such as what the startup scripts are and where they are located etc.? I tried to mess with bftpd's .conf file, but I see that it's being overwritten upon reboot, which sucks as I need to change some of those settings.

In short, I'd appreciate some help with both the above questions, and especially with some advice on how to compile/install vsftpd on the R7000.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. (And yes, I'm pretty much a newbie, as my Linux brushes have been few and far in between.)
thedak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 22:57    Post subject: R7000 release out Reply with quote
looks like Kong just posted a R7000 firmware release (.chk and .bin). Try it out here (I'm going to flash it later tonight).

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 269, 270, 271  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 271
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: