Yes they were running the same builds, not anymore though.
No the old versions were updated, no clean install.
No errors both on the 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Wifi is fine as other devices can connect to it with no issues.
I found a workaround in the meantime though. I swapped the channel from 4 to 10 and the problem seems to be resolved which is quite strange in itself cause channel 4 was the best channel to transmit on.
Will continue troubleshooting and if I find out what is causing that strange behaviour on one device only I will update the thread.
Hi Guys, i have the following issue with my C7 V5
I went from running dd-wrt, to stock, to openwrt branch ath79 , then to openwrt branch ar71xx(they changed after new releases) and then back to dd wrt.
Somewhere along the way my 2.4ghz started acting up:
- It does not show for clients (looks like it doesnt broadcast) for quite few minutes
- Once it finally does, it is unstable(ping ranges from 2ms to 2000ms on a device literally next to the router, speed is at max 10mbps and drops packets).
- Even when it doesn`t show to the clients, i am able to scan other clients and join then as if i would be a repeater.
- Neither DD-WRT or OpenWRT will detect chipset name. DD-WRT will simply omit this info (it shows for the 5ghz radio) and openwrt will say it is a "generic mac abn device) It does detect the mac address properly though
What i have tried:
- Restore back to stock, i can see my 2.4ghz right after boot but then it disappears
- Get back to DD-WRT (currently running it)
- Set settings as per recommended (ss uploaded below)
Pastebin of my dmesg:
I am not that versed in this, my only suspicion is the firmware file may have gotten screwed up, but you gurus would be able to tell more i guess.
Since im newbie i did not use attachments, but if you guys want, i could do so (but i believe you know about pastebin and lightshot)
Appreciate any help
Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 16:25 Post subject: Best / "stable" for Archer C7 V2
Haven't updated my Archer C7 in years and was surprised to see new features when I went to update myself with DDWRT.
Saw that there were 3 new builds in a matter of a few days 12/21/2019 r41771, 12/23/2019 r41786, and 12/24/2019 r41791.
Do you know if any of these firmwares are good for C7 or would you have other suggestions/recommendations for builds to flash. It's getting harder to scan these builds for "known good" flashes that won't causes surprise headaches with VPN or WiFi.