TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146, 147  Next
physis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 16:34    Post subject: Question about throughput Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a v2 version, and I am thinking about flashing a DD-WRT firmware on it.

My current internet download speed is 1 Gbit/s with the archer c7 v2 (TP-Link firmware).

Will my archer c7 v2 + DD-WRT firmware will be able to sustain the same throughput ?

(I read somewhere that DD-WRT does not use the hardware accelerated feature, am I wrong ?)

Thanks
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
iirc it could get close, with sfe on, but that was long ago and theres been lots of sfe issues/changes etc, and that on ethernet, and obviously with qos off (ull need x86 for that kind of qos throughput).

when i tried on my dir-862L it was like 885mbps or something, and it has the same cpu/soc as archer c7

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41659 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41659 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41659 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41659 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41659 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41631 std

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
Emineminero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys, I'm completly new to dd-wrt, I got my archer c7 v5 on friday and I flashed (ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/08-06-2019-r40559/tplink_archer-c7-v5/) on saturday.
Saturday and Sunday were great, no issues at all.
But today (Monday), I came back from work and none of my devices were able to connect to the router, not even through lan. I had to manually reboot it and unplug it.
Unfortunatly I was dumb enough to not have logs enabled, I do have them now, but nothing has happened yet.

I remember I was playing around with TX power on the 2.4ghz band, nothing too crazy, I think I just setted 35 instead of 30 (default value in the US).

Any one else experienced the same issue?
I will post the log if this ever happen again
Odewise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a specific build that has taken care of the slow WiFi issue I have seen posted on the C7 v5? Was thinking about going this route but have seen a few posts about WiFi (maybe wired as well?) Download speed capping at 30mps.
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Odewise wrote:
Is there a specific build that has taken care of the slow WiFi issue I have seen posted on the C7 v5? Was thinking about going this route but have seen a few posts about WiFi (maybe wired as well?) Download speed capping at 30mps.

I think the issues with 30mbps are behind us.
I am running a Archer A7v5 on beta build 41113 and get ~70mbps on 2.4ghz and ~150mbps on 5ghz wifi. My line is 150/10 (overprovisioned to 180/12). I would say things are just fine. 2.4ghz performance maxes out somewhere in the 70-80 range under ideal lab conditions on the C7/A7

If you use QOS you must use HFSC/PIE to yield the best results. All other QOS options will eat CPU and memory and cause slower performance. For maximum performance you can turn on the Shortcut Forward Engine and must disable QOS. Your bufferbloat may turn to crap, though. So if all you care about is speed...use SFE w/o QOS. (QOS and SFE will not work together, still)

The C7v5 and A7v5 are identical hardware wise, just different flash layout. the C7v2 has a slightly older SOC/CPU and results might be slightly lower; disclaimer is YMMV on the C7v2.

That said, use 41113, it's a solid build.

See my signature below and use my wifi tips to set up your router the same way.

[WDR3600]BS 36808 (Offsite)

TIPS/TRICKS:

Best QCA Wifi settings to use|Latency tricks|QoS Port priority||NEVER USE MU-MIO

Why to NOT use MU-MIMO||Max Wifi Pwr by Country||MCS Index Speeds||Correct QCA 5Ghz chnls to use||WIFI Chnl Freq WIKI
lane44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 22:16    Post subject: I need the road map. Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
Odewise wrote:

I think the issues with 30mbps are behind us.
I am running a Archer A7v5 on beta build 41113 and get ~70mbps on 2.4ghz and ~150mbps on 5ghz wifi. My line is 150/10 (overprovisioned to 180/12). I would say things are just fine. 2.4ghz performance maxes out somewhere in the 70-80 range under ideal lab conditions on the C7/A7

If you use QOS you must use HFSC/PIE to yield the best results. All other QOS options will eat CPU and memory and cause slower performance. For maximum performance you can turn on the Shortcut Forward Engine and must disable QOS. Your bufferbloat may turn to crap, though. So if all you care about is speed...use SFE w/o QOS. (QOS and SFE will not work together, still)

The C7v5 and A7v5 are identical hardware wise, just different flash layout. the C7v2 has a slightly older SOC/CPU and results might be slightly lower; disclaimer is YMMV on the C7v2.

See my signature below and use my wifi tips to set up your router the same way.

Please send a old man the instructions for this. email is fats@gmx.com I can't find the code 41113 or my router in dd-wrt
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-23-2019-r41113/
lane44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-23-2019-r41113/

Thank you, I have both codes downloaded, but I am still in the dark as to the EXACT procedure to take installing the code.
I also took a real close look at my router and it is marked as TP-LINK AC1750 A7 v 5.8
I have not seen anyone mention the v 5.8 here does it matter? I am going to try to dump code to it if I ever figure out how. I guess I will just look around in the router to see what I can find that might work.
So, wish me luck I have a feeling I am going to need it.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-23-2019-r41113/tplink_archer-a7-v5/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

A7 and C7 is not the same router.
Wookiestick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone having issues with Wifi on newer builds for archer c7 v2? I have to reset every other day to fix. I'm on the latest build. Anyone have a build to recommend with stability and security in mind?
Zuckuss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wookiestick wrote:
Anyone having issues with Wifi on newer builds for archer c7 v2? I have to reset every other day to fix. I'm on the latest build. Anyone have a build to recommend with stability and security in mind?

Quite frankly - yes, I've been a bit to embarrassed to admit it publicly though. Smile

I'm running r38240 which needs to be upgraded I know. The router ended up needing a restart every 24hrs which I scheduled it to do - still, performance sometimes deteriorate to a point it needs another restart.

Maybe I just need to retire the v2 altogether.
Wookiestick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zuckuss wrote:

I'm running r38240 which needs to be upgraded I know.

Just curious-- does it need to be updated for a security fix? I know Krack vulnerabilities were a big one. If I downgraded to 38240 (over 9 months old now), would I lose any major security fixes?
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wookiestick wrote:

It worked unacceptable for me. And the backup of settings did not worked in the right way.

The last version is working well.
Zuckuss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wookiestick wrote:
Just curious-- does it need to be updated for a security fix? I know Krack vulnerabilities were a big one. If I downgraded to 38240 (over 9 months old now), would I lose any major security fixes?

Not sure the question was directed to me - but if it was; I don't know. My only driver towards an upgrade is the fact that r38240 is very old by now and my reasoning is that there has to have been some improvements in later releases.

Also; the fact that router performance deteriorates over time needing a restart would indicate I need to do "something" Smile
Roi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:

Was that meant for the C7 v2 also or only for the A7?

Wookiestick wrote:

Not that much, but I still run an older version:

Zuckuss wrote:
My only driver towards an upgrade is the fact that r38240 is very old by now and my reasoning is that there has to have been some improvements in later releases.

Also; the fact that router performance deteriorates over time needing a restart would indicate I need to do "something" Smile

If you think r38240 is old, I still run r33525 Very Happy on my two C7 v2 routers which I only use as access points. This r33525 just celebrated its second birthday.

I also restart the two devices twice a week to get wifi speed back to "normal".

So because of the age of the build in general but also newer features like VLANs (which I use by startup scripts at the moment) I am really looking for an upgrade and just try the mentioned r41113 for a test here...

The first device rebooted. Let's see. Keep you posted...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146, 147  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 145 of 147
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: