TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145  Next
danthe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
dead topic...
Sponsor
sectarian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a DD-WRT firmware for the C7 V5?

I bought one especially for DD-WRT installation before reading the v5 wasn't supported, at that time.

Is there a valid firmware yet please?
msoengineer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
sectarian wrote:

I bought one especially for DD-WRT installation before reading the v5 wasn't supported, at that time.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/08-06-2019-r40559/tplink_archer-c7-v5/

[WDR3600]BS 36808 (Offsite)

TIPS/TRICKS:

Best QCA Wifi settings to use|Latency tricks|QoS Port priority||NEVER USE MU-MIO

Why to NOT use MU-MIMO||Max Wifi Pwr by Country||MCS Index Speeds||Correct QCA 5Ghz chnls to use||WIFI Chnl Freq WIKI
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
sectarian wrote:

In case the FTP site is still choking on it's own vomit still:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/08-06-2019-r40559/tplink_archer-c7-v5/

https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas/2019/08-06-2019-r40559/tplink_archer-c7-v5/
QuadraQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
sectarian wrote:

I'm in big trouble. I bought this router for my dad, since he needs a replacement router. Got v5 from Amazon. So I downloaded the firmware above (the factory to ddwrt one). I was following the instructions here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7#Installing_DD-WRT_on_TP-Link_Archer_C7_V2.2C_V3.2C_V4.2C_or_V5_.28AC1750.29 So I did the 30-30-30 reset, then connected to the router and did the firmware upgrade. Switched IP to 168.192.1.1 and saw the DD-WRT interface - so far so good. The next step is to do the 30-30-30 reset AGAIN, which I did and now the router is stuck in a boot loop. I don't know what to do next to fix this - please help. Thank you.
msoengineer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
QuadraQ wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
sectarian wrote:

I'm in big trouble. I bought this router for my dad, since he needs a replacement router. Got v5 from Amazon. So I downloaded the firmware above (the factory to ddwrt one). I was following the instructions here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7#Installing_DD-WRT_on_TP-Link_Archer_C7_V2.2C_V3.2C_V4.2C_or_V5_.28AC1750.29 So I did the 30-30-30 reset, then connected to the router and did the firmware upgrade. Switched IP to 168.192.1.1 and saw the DD-WRT interface - so far so good. The next step is to do the 30-30-30 reset AGAIN, which I did and now the router is stuck in a boot loop. I don't know what to do next to fix this - please help. Thank you.

The shitty part is that the instructions are wrong. 30/30/30 is what caused your bootloop. That procedure is a big no no on new routers these days and a lot of device wiki's have that wrong instruction to perform it. You're not at complete fault....now you need to read up on TFTP recovery.

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c5-c7-wdr7500#tftp_recovery_de-bricking

[WDR3600]BS 36808 (Offsite)

TIPS/TRICKS:

Best QCA Wifi settings to use|Latency tricks|QoS Port priority||NEVER USE MU-MIO

Why to NOT use MU-MIMO||Max Wifi Pwr by Country||MCS Index Speeds||Correct QCA 5Ghz chnls to use||WIFI Chnl Freq WIKI
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
sectarian wrote:

The shitty part is that the instructions are wrong. 30/30/30 is what caused your bootloop. That procedure is a big no no on new routers these days and a lot of device wiki's have that wrong instruction to perform it. You're not at complete fault....now you need to read up on TFTP recovery.

Someone needs to update that wiki. Reset to defaults via webUI is usually sufficient. So is following the manufacturer reset instructions. Outside of WRT54 series routers, I think DD-WRT usually only requires 10 second reset button push while powered up, at least that is the case on Broadcom-ARM, so someone needs to figure this out and update that wiki PDQ to avoid people bootlooping and bricking their routers.
QuadraQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
sectarian wrote:

Someone needs to update that wiki. Reset to defaults via webUI is usually sufficient. So is following the manufacturer reset instructions. Outside of WRT54 series routers, I think DD-WRT usually only requires 10 second reset button push while powered up, at least that is the case on Broadcom-ARM, so someone needs to figure this out and update that wiki PDQ to avoid people bootlooping and bricking their routers.

So even before I got these replies I did some more searching through the forums and realized I probably need to do a TFTP restore, and frankly I just don't have time for the hassle. So I'm sending the v5 router back, and I ordered a used v2 router on eBay instead since it is better supported (v5 doesn't even show up in the router database yet). I really just want to download a stable version of DD-WRT and get it up and running, I don't need/want to be on the bleeding edge of the latest releases.

So my question now, is what procedure should I use for the v2 router when it arrives? Should I just use the WebUI reset in the stock firmware, set it up as new, then install the DD-WRT firmware from the latest version in the router database, set it up, and just do a DD-WRT reset from the Web UI to clear the parameters and then set it up from there?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
QuadraQ wrote:
So even before I got these replies I did some more searching through the forums and realized I probably need to do a TFTP restore, and frankly I just don't have time for the hassle. So I'm sending the v5 router back, and I ordered a used v2 router on eBay instead since it is better supported (v5 doesn't even show up in the router database yet). I really just want to download a stable version of DD-WRT and get it up and running, I don't need/want to be on the bleeding edge of the latest releases.

So my question now, is what procedure should I use for the v2 router when it arrives? Should I just use the WebUI reset in the stock firmware, set it up as new, then install the DD-WRT firmware from the latest version in the router database, set it up, and just do a DD-WRT reset from the Web UI to clear the parameters and then set it up from there?

How much you want for your brick...
QuadraQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:

Sorry too late. Already sent it back.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
QuadraQ wrote:

kernel-panic69 wrote:

You should've typed, "...so I SENT it back..." because otherwise, you must live next door to a post office.... Shocked Rolling Eyes
QuadraQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:

kernel-panic69 wrote:

You should've typed, "...so I SENT it back..." because otherwise, you must live next door to a post office.... Shocked Rolling Eyes

What can I say - I move fast. Razz It literally went out this morning.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
QuadraQ wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:

kernel-panic69 wrote:

What can I say - I move fast. Razz It literally went out this morning.

And dropped it in the mail in 10 minutes? Haha. All good, I just had to give you a hard time. I had a wild hair to see if I could acquire an Atheros unit to tinker with.
sectarian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
sectarian wrote:

Thank you for that!

Next question, how do I install it please?

I've seen the 30/30/30 bricks the C7, so can I get install instructions please? I cannot afford to brick my router!

Many thanks,
Rick
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
sectarian wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
sectarian wrote:

Thank you for that!

Next question, how do I install it please?

I've seen the 30/30/30 bricks the C7, so can I get install instructions please? I cannot afford to brick my router!

Many thanks,
Rick

You don't follow the bouncing ball very well, do you? The instructions are linked a few posts up. Just don't do the 30-30-30 before or after flashing. All you *should* have to do is press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds in TP-Link firmware prior to flashing via the TP-Link webUI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99g44LJOCnI

After flashing DD-WRT, use the reset to defaults (Administration ->Factory Defaults tab) and you should be able to get back in and configure it. Here's the 'broken' instruction wiki, just because I have an extra spoon handy.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7#Installing_DD-WRT_on_TP-Link_Archer_C7_V2.2C_V3.2C_V4.2C_or_V5_.28AC1750.29
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 142 of 145
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: