TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
that problem is: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5118

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r47090 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r47090 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r46350 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r46329 std

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
Sponsor
OakWind
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
OakWind wrote:
The instructions state to install firmware Archer_C7_V2_150427:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7

The latest version is 180114. Can I install dd-wrt with this version or do I have to revert to an older version?

Could I get some help?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
OakWind wrote:
OakWind wrote:

The latest version is 180114. Can I install dd-wrt with this version or do I have to revert to an older version?

Could I get some help?

Why don’t you try? It will either let you install it or it won’t.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
OakWind wrote:
OakWind wrote:

Could I get some help?

Why don’t you try? It will either let you install it or it won’t.

Or it will brick, or not. Laughing
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
It won't brick it will either refuse the firmware or it will work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 15:37    Post subject: Time Settings (NTP Client) Reply with quote
Time Settings (NTP Client) are not working as expected on last builds, i set the right parameters and time showed is wrong, i am using r34929 but this problem apeared in an old bulil than that.
Router-Guy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router-Guy wrote:
pocahontas wrote:
Router-Guy wrote:
pocahontas wrote:
Just some notes I wanted to share:

I have experience with the v2 (old build) & v4 (latest build) variants of this router.

With the v2 I too experienced a complete loss of connectivity on 2.4 GHz after a couple of days uptime and never did get to the bottom of it.

With the v4 I have experienced unstable connectivity on 2.4 GHz out of the box. Clients will reconnect when there is heavy traffic (download tests for example) and there would be a high number of errors recorded when reading the debug diagnostics for the driver.

If you monitor the events being raised you can see stations being deleted and added in very quick succession. I couldn't get any debug output from hostapd though so it's a bit like working blind.

I did change 'disassoc_low_ack' to '0' in the hostap .config and clients did seem to remain connected for much longer even during heavy traffic.

I also subsequently later on changed the ACK timing to '0' from '2000' (disables it I believe, shows N/A in status) which has resolved some of the errors I mentioned above.

I'm really just changing things and gauging the results to try and get a stable wireless connection - trial and error. I've also scheduled the router to reboot every day to try and mitigate against the complete loss of connectivity I saw on v2.

Don't get me wrong I've had great results speed wise but it's all for nothing if a client can't stay connected for any length of time reliably.

I could also just be in a very noisy environment but I have my doubts.

Also httpd with HTTPS enabled is quite unreliable, it keeps dropping connections randomly leading to the pages being rendered incorrectly with missing elements.

I'm wondering...what channel width were you using on the 2.4Ghz radio? Was it the v2 or v4 that was dying?

20 MHz

v2 2.4 GHz radio died after a few days uptime

v4 2.4 GHz radio was unstable every day with many disconnections

I didn't test 5 GHz much as I was too busy trying to get a stable 2.4 GHz connection.

I had mine at 40. I changed it to 20. I've been up now for over 24Hrs. I was having trouble with even a full day before the change. I'll see how the weekend goes.

This change seems to have solved my problem. I've been up now for several days without a loss of wifi on the 2.4Ghz band.
theshoeshiner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got the c7 v4 and have made some of these changes so will report how it goes. So far the ACK timing has improved my AC speeds vastly over N speeds.

Has anyone experienced WAN outage issues? Sudden drops of WAN connectivity, where DHCP release/renew doesn't work and only restarting the router brings it back?
cardboardbox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31    Post subject: a few stupid questions Reply with quote
I have a v2 and I'm on build 30082. Lately I havent been able to stream some fairly low bitrate kids shows to a fire tv running kodi in the same room as the router and server both connected via ethernet. Constant buffering. I dont know where to start so I figured I'd start here and see if there's a good reason to upgrade to a newer DD-WRT build. I tried rebooting both router and fire tv with no change. Do I use the -IL, -US, or the file with neither suffix?
er.u
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been running 33772 on my v2 and it has been working fairly well. For example not losing 5 GHz after some days like some other builds.

-US is for US versions, -IL for Israel, Where are you located?
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 13:37    Post subject: Latest build Reply with quote
My Archer C7 v2 are both running 35034. No problems so far, seems pretty stable.

5GHz is very stable.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 - WDS AP, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - WDS Station
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - some gateway
D-Link 825 B1 - WDS Station
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - not used
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Linksys 160N v3 x2 - not used
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
cardboardbox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
er.u wrote:
I have been running 33772 on my v2 and it has been working fairly well. For example not losing 5 GHz after some days like some other builds.

-US is for US versions, -IL for Israel, Where are you located?
thanks for the help. I'm in the US and yeah I thought that was the right one but I've made mistakes in the past because I thought I knew something I didnt. Smile
cardboardbox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 16:30    Post subject: Re: Latest build Reply with quote
ian5142 wrote:
My Archer C7 v2 are both running 35034. No problems so far, seems pretty stable.

5GHz is very stable.
thanks, I might try this one.
topcad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:05    Post subject: Archer C7 v2 35034. Reply with quote
Archer C7 v2 are both running 35034.
And its stable on 5ghz and 2.4ghz
vpn is working good
BubbaMoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router-Guy wrote:
pocahontas wrote:
pocahontas wrote:
LEDE has been rock solid for me so far on my v4 with clients connected for hours on end without any problems.

I'll update in a week or so as the dreaded v2 bug only kicked off after a couple days and it could still be lurking.

One week later no problems to report, the wireless issues therefore must be specific to dd-wrt and / or the drivers in use.

I've started to experience issues with ath0. About every couple of days I'll loose that radio. Ath1 stays up but for some reason the 2.4Ghz radio will just dies. Making a change to the config, which drops the interface and brings it back up will fix the issue. I don't even have to reboot the box, so I'm starting to wonder if it's not DD-WRT as well. I'm running 31899 but I've tried newer and older builds and I'm running into the same issue. I know these boxes are now consumable goods and don't last for ever, but it's only been in service about 18 months. I'm considering doing the same thing. Did you use a howto to transition to OpenWRT from DD-WRT or was it as easy as loading the appropriate firmware?

I've pointed out before, that I've noticed that the radio drops after about 70ish days consistently on 30082... by drop i mean I can see the clients connected on the staus page but DD refuses to give them an IP.

I think there's many bugs lurking that's never been addressed, and the severity depends on build and environment. You just gotta find a build that works and stick with it sadly.

You could always go back to stock to test... personally never got any drops with stock.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 146, 147, 148  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 124 of 148
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: