Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Flashing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
jjimenez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Somehow (it is really a long history) I ended up bricking my WRZ-1750DHP router. Now when I start it, the buffalo logo blinks twice and then it remains red...no telnet or web Access possible at all...

I've tried the TFTP approach, so when I start the router it requests the file "firmware.ram" file on a local TFTP Server. The transfer is initiated by the router (nice!) but seems like never receiving back the packages sent by the TFTP Server... at the end the TFTP Server ends with timeout message.

Does someone know how to solve this problema? Any ideas!

Many thanks once more!
Sponsor
marlowe310
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking to replace my old router with one that's stable and works well with DD-WRT. I'd almost settled on this Buffalo WZR-1750 -- but reading through this thread it looks like you either settle for Buffalo firmware, which gives the max throughput but is somewhat unstable, OR the DD-WRT builds, which give bad throughput but are more stable.

However I also saw a few people chime in that the latest build 27858 seemed promising -- can anyone confirm that? I'd be overjoyed to learn that the 27858 build gives the DD-WRT stability AND the full speeds.

Just want to pick something I'll like, thanks much!
_ears_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 16:10    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
Hello.

I have taken a try to flash my Buffalo using the following manual (page 8 of this thread). Thanks for that, pdileonardo.

pdileonardo wrote:

To begin with I did a factory reset and reboot. Not sure this was really neccessary, but seemed like a good measure.

Next, I connected to the router via wired ethernet. Again, mainly precautionary.

Browsed to 192.168.11.1, logged in and went to firmware upgrade page. Here's where it gets interesting.

The "Gold standard" in DD-WRT install .bin files for the WZR-1750 (and most Buffalo routers I believe) are the builds from a chap named "Brainslayer". His build files can be found here:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2

I have downloaded mine from here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/10-09-2015-r27944/buffalo_wzr-1750dhp/

but have had no chance to do the initial (factory to dd-wrt) flashing because my WZR-1750DHP has stated:

Code:

Firmware not updated. That firmware file is older than  2.27 .
Use firmware version  2.27  or later.

Estimated time to restart is 80 seconds. Please wait...

After rebooting, follow the procedure below:

Confirm that the router is connected to the PC.
    Use the AirStation Configuration Tool to access the AirStation and configure its settings.

Refer to the user manual for more information.

I have read the whole thread but I have never found anything similar anyone has got stuck with before.

Till now flashing the device with the alternative firmware has seemed to be carried out by the forum members pretty smoothly.

Let me add that I have bought my (brand new) router in Poland, Europe.

Have I missed some step I should have made prior to resetting the router to factory defaults? Or maybe I should have used that strange login/password combination after resetting to factory defaults (not: admin/password but the other pair - do not remember now what it was)?

Can you, guys, help me, please? I really want it to run under DD-WRT.

Greetings!

Edit: I have tried out the bufpy/otdpopypassword combination. It is not working either. Still the same message.
_ears_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
Do you think Buffalo has protected somehow their firmware/chip to stop users using alternative soft?

How come that I cannot flash my router?
mesjanloar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:59    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
_ears_ wrote:
Do you think Buffalo has protected somehow their firmware/chip to stop users using alternative soft?

How come that I cannot flash my router?

Siema _ears_

I think your router has been shipped with buffalo firmaware v 2.27 (http://www.buffalo-technology.com/en/support/downloads/ ) the note says
"Do not install firmware 2.27, if you wish to use the professional firmware at any time in the future. Interchanging the firmware from version 2.27 will no longer be possible. For supported OS and new features see release notes." professional firmware being DD-WRT

Pozdrawiam
_ears_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:27    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
mesjanloar wrote:

Siema _ears_ ...

Siema, ziom! (American English: "You, Dog!") Wink

Are they kidding me?!?!?
DD-WRT is the only reason I have bought this powerful unit.

Dear Developers, is there anything you can do to hack the protection my Dog from Poland is writing about?

Pozdrawiam (Greetings) Smile
mesjanloar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 13:35    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
_ears_ wrote:
mesjanloar wrote:

Siema _ears_ ...

Siema, ziom! (American English: "You, Dog!") Wink

Someone on buffalo forum claims that tech support was able to help them to reverse back to pre 2.27 firmware
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=22983.0
so my advise is to contact them and see how it goes from there.

I guess you did have a look here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282664&sid=06f6993ff9175eb728b77fdcd242a8ea

Pozdrawiam
_ears_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 13:47    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
mesjanloar wrote:

I guess you did have a look here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282664&sid=06f6993ff9175eb728b77fdcd242a8ea
Pozdrawiam

No, I did not. I am going to read that thread.
_ears_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:09    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
Now I can tell I have read that thread.

The case, I have to say, seems a bit risky as far as that untrustworthy soft needs to be uploaded (I assume that DD-WRT is not untrustworthy any more)
mesjanloar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
_ears_ wrote:
Now I can tell I have read that thread.

The case, I have to say, seems a bit risky as far as that untrustworthy soft needs to be uploaded (I assume that DD-WRT is not untrustworthy any more)

I just got my replacement router after my first one developed a fault and I am in the same boat as you with crap 2.27. I raised this with Buffalo support to see what they will came up with. Have you tried the method from the thread ? I will wait for tech support to come back first
_ears_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:47    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
mesjanloar wrote:
Have you tried the method from the thread?

No, I have not. Actually I fear to flash it with an unknown soft - as I wrote earlier.

I guess, I will go ahead and try the debug mode method first (mentioned in that thread) but I have to wait till weekend because an Internet access is too much needed during the working days... And troubleshooting at night, after everybody falls asleep, is too risky. It may take even hours followed by the fact that I may brick the router (then I have to prepare some backup unit) + I will be like a zombie the next day.
mesjanloar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57    Post subject: Re: Cookbook recipe for installing DD-WRT on a WZR-1750 Reply with quote
_ears_ wrote:
mesjanloar wrote:
Have you tried the method from the thread?

No, I have not. Actually I fear to flash it with an unknown soft - as I wrote earlier.

Tech support just came back to me saying they cannot do anything about it (my first and last buffalo that will be) So I think I will go ahead and flash it via debug mode if it gets bricked than I will send it back as DOA
martinez69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 18:43    Post subject: bootloop Reply with quote
Hi! I´ve bricked my 1750 today with flashing Brainslayers build over kongac. I opened it up and connected uart. putty log says at least "uncompressing linux...done,booting the kernel" then it restarts. Wanted to get into cfe to clear nvram, but somehow I can not enter cfe. What am I doing wrong? Can somebody help me?
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 18:55    Post subject: Re: bootloop Reply with quote
martinez69 wrote:
Hi! I´ve bricked my 1750 today with flashing Brainslayers build over kongac. I opened it up and connected uart. putty log says at least "uncompressing linux...done,booting the kernel" then it restarts. Wanted to get into cfe to clear nvram, but somehow I can not enter cfe. What am I doing wrong? Can somebody help me?

I was able to get to CFE by just holding down (i.e. repeating) Ctrl-C as it *initially* starts up.

What kongac build were you previously using on this?
martinez69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 19:02    Post subject: Re: bootloop Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:
martinez69 wrote:

I was able to get to CFE by just holding down (i.e. repeating) Ctrl-C as it *initially* starts up.

What kongac build were you previously using on this?

I was using K3_AC_arm_STD_OLDD.bin.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 30 of 34
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: