exclusive, thank you! I have tried this method out and it works, so far. Not sure if DD-WRT will brick the router (hopefully not) but your method works at the very least.
For people that are confused or don't want to click the link, here's my method, based on exclusive's:
1. Obtain the Japanese 2.03 version of Buffalo's stock firmware (I obtained mine here: http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/lan/old/wzr-1750dhp-mac.html which is a .zip file. exclusive's link is different, and takes you to a "windows version" which is an exe.... not sure why Buffalo decided to do that)
2. On your router, employ the bufpy trick. If you don't know how...
2a. Go to http://192.168.11.1/cgi-bin/cgi?req=frm&frm=py-db/55debug.html
2b. Use user name "bufpy"
2c. Use password "otdpopypassword"
3. After you login, do not do anything. Instead, type 192.168.11.1 back in your address bar
4. Go to advanced (bottom right tile). There should be a button labelled "debug-disp" on the menu now. Click it.
5. In the new menu that appears, click the second-to-last link; it opens up a new tree.
6. Click the first link that pops up in this tree.
7. Now click the last link in the screen that pops up (firmup.html).
8. Flash your router with the Japanese 2.03 firmware
9. Do a 30/30/30 reset
10. Do the bufpy trick again and go back to the special firmware flashing page (i.e., repeat steps 2-7).
11. Flash buffalo-wzr-1750dhp-webflash.bin r22770
12. Do another 30/30/30
13. Enjoy your newly flashed WZR-1750DHP with DD-WRT
I will report back if my router encounters any issues, but I have high hopes.
Edit: And.... it's bricked. Was okay for about 20 minutes. I rebooted the unit probably about 10 times. Was okay through it all, until the last one.
i've tested dd-wrt few days (include reboot test) and wzr-1750dhp operating without any problems until now.
uhm... did you change advanced settings? i found 1 user who bricked in my country, he said update & operations ok but bricked after change settings (ddns/sshd) & reboot.
Yep. Changed my settings, saved, then reboot. I did this several times (change a setting, save, reboot, change another, save, reboot, etc.). I also changed DDNS and SSHd. Maybe it's the write to memory that bricks it.
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:58 Post subject: wzr-1750dhp bricked
I updated my post for how to update the frimware for WZR-1750DHP. Please see that post for how the update was done.
However, I bricked my router at least twice, so I have to say that the DD_WRT frimware dated on 10/31/2013 is still unstable.
1. I underclcoked the CPU grequency from 800Mhz to 600Mzh, reboot, used it for a while to see if the CPU temparature lowers (it did not), changed the CPU clock to regular 800Mhz, reboot and the router was bricked.
2. I got a recovered unit from Buffalo, did the same setup, tried to change a few settings (in services, wireless, VPN and so on), rebooted a few times and it bricked again.
I did not have any such trouble for WZR-900DHP. I hope the person who posted the firmware for WZR-1750DHP could figure out why rebooting causes a brick so that no more people have to waste money on the new router.
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 19:51 Post subject: I have 2.03 US on my WZR-1750DHP
Not sure if there is any update on flashing DD-wrt onto this router without bricking it but I was reading this read and saw that you guys were looking for the US Version 2.03 (R1.02/B6.30.163-1.00-1.00) firmware. I just bought one and it has this version on it.
Can you tell me how to exactact it and if that would help any of you guys? I am not experenced enough to unbrick this router and do not want to take a chance until I know there is a bullit proof solution to get dd-wrt installed.
Please update this thread if a new solution is now available?? I have found no results beyond this and another dead thread.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 Post subject: Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Flashing of dd-wrt 23138
tested BUFFALO WZR-1750DHP webflash dd-wrt v23138 from 22700
and it is not working for me *** do not flash ***
i have to use a serial port in cfe do nvram erase to recover and reboot only way to stop led flash error after some settings in router it will not reboot back up it will crash with message
check_trx: start flash1.trx
Invalid boot block on disk
check_trx: exit flash1.trx
fw is broken
blinking led 2
this is a attachment of serial rs232 cfe boot log file
log of webflashing dd-wrt 23138 to buffalo wzr1750dhp from 22700
Joined: 06 Jun 2006 Posts: 7089 Location: Dresden, Germany
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 14:02 Post subject:
the only thing which comes to my mind. maybe there is a new important nvram var which gets lost for some reason.
try the following. do "nvram erase" in cfe console and reboot. look if it boots then _________________ "So you tried to use the computer and it started smoking? Sounds like a Mac to me.." - Louis Rossmann https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_5YDRWqGE&t=60s
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:00 Post subject: DDNS and WZR-1750
I would also like to see a working DD-WRT on my WZR-1750DHP. Currently I am running stock 2.13. Router definitely performs better than my previous DLink DIR-825 (DD-WRT)...however I am sure with DD-WRT on this will make it a shinning star. Other than sometime being sluggish GUI that doesn't always show/list all the devices connected, one major problem that I am currently having is --- I have set up a DDNS.....and port 80 is forwarded to my Synology Diskstation. On the router I have configured port 8282 for remote management from WAN. Everything works fine when I am on internet side ie externally but when I am on LAN....browsing to my DDNS host name always opens Router's page....I cann't setup/access any services using DDNS hostname and correct port when I am on LAN (behind the router)....which is annoying since I can't set up several services running on my NAS based on DDNS hostname....since they would only work when I am not on LAN...
Anyone else having this issue ??? or is there a way around ? _________________ DIR 825 (Build 15962)