TP-LINK TL-WDR4900 v1 (running build 22532 no more freezes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 14:25    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WDR4900 v1 (running build 22532 no more freezes) Reply with quote
My WAN will Freeze within minutes (WDR4900v1 with build 22118) as soon as I start a torrent. I cannot connect to the web interface and the internet WAN connection is down, but the LAN connection remains working.

I have to do a fysical restart of the WDR4900. After that it will work, but if the torrent is still running it will stop again.

Update: No fix found so I reverted back to orginal TP-LINK firmware WDR4900v1:
First the webrevert:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=758680#758680

And directly updated to the latest official TP-LINK firmware.
3.14.7 Build 130424 Rel.72646n

More info:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=773102#773102


Last edited by nlapplegate on Thu Oct 24, 2013 14:58; edited 4 times in total
Sponsor
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:55    Post subject: WAN freeze WDR4900 v1 with build 22118 with Torrent Reply with quote
@BrainSlayer

Can you fix the WAN/Ethernet Torrent issue in a new build on high load?

I reverted to the Original firmware, but definitely miss the extra TX power and other options I can set with build 22118.

Maybe this behaviour is also related to the OpenWRT version newer then r37472, see:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14020

Thx nlapplegate
m3gaTR0N
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Aug 2013
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.

I have also TP-Link TL-WDR4900 v1 and I have the same problems. More than that it's impossible to work because on any high WAN usage the Internet is down and the Web also.

Also the TX is very poor.

Code:

root@CYBERTRON:/tmp# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : e500v2
clock           : 799.999992MHz
revision        : 5.1 (pvr 8021 2151)
bogomips        : 99.99
timebase        : 49999999
platform        : Freescale P1014
model           : TP-Link TL-WDR4900 v1
Memory          : 128 MB
kodo
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1963
Location: Germany/NRW/Ruhrpott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
The bogomips value looks a bit low in my opinion
http://bogomips.ru/

_________________
Gruß,
Stephan
Arrow neueste Beta Versionen
Arrow Changelog/Bug Tickets
Computer Robot
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Sep 2013
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where do you get the firmware as this router is not in the database? did you get this issue resolved in the end?
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 18:39    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WDR4900 v1 Reply with quote
I'm running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) std - build 21676 now stable for some days (except minor issues).

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/tplink_tl-wdr4900v1/

@BrainSlayer, when will a new build comming, becasue 22118 is not stable?
Computer Robot
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Sep 2013
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 19:05    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK TL-WDR4900 v1 Reply with quote
Thanks mate. IS it a simple install and can I just point the router to it and install? My router arrived only today Smile

nlapplegate wrote:
I'm running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) std - build 21676 now stable for some days (except minor issues).

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/tplink_tl-wdr4900v1/

@BrainSlayer, when will a new build comming, becasue 22118 is not stable?
Computer Robot
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Sep 2013
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 22:21    Post subject: internet down Reply with quote
I cant get internet to connect. In normal firmware all I need to do is choose pppoe and enter btbroadband username. Nothing else it should connect. With this dd-wrt theres a load of extra options which I dont know what they do and it just wont connect. can anyone help please?
asimov44
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Re: internet down Reply with quote
Computer Robot wrote:
I cant get internet to connect. In normal firmware all I need to do is choose pppoe and enter btbroadband username. Nothing else it should connect. With this dd-wrt theres a load of extra options which I dont know what they do and it just wont connect. can anyone help please?

Is it better the original firmware?
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40    Post subject: Re: WAN freeze WDR4900 v1 with build 22118 with Torrent Reply with quote
nlapplegate wrote:
@BrainSlayer

Can you fix the WAN/Ethernet Torrent issue in a new build on high load?

I reverted to the Original firmware, but definitely miss the extra TX power and other options I can set with build 22118.

Maybe this behaviour is also related to the OpenWRT version newer then r37472, see:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14020

Thx nlapplegate


Brainslayer just released a non official release that will fix the LAN issue: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778355#778355
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 17:17    Post subject: Re: WAN freeze WDR4900 v1 with build 22118 with Torrent Reply with quote
Brainslayer just released a non official release that will fix the LAN issue:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778355#778355

Build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/15/13) std - build 22532

Build 22532 is now up and runnning on WRD4900
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:58    Post subject: Re: WAN freeze WDR4900 v1 with build 22118 with Torrent Reply with quote
nlapplegate wrote:
Brainslayer just released a non official release that will fix the LAN issue:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778355#778355

Build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/15/13) std - build 22532

Build 22532 is now up and runnning on WRD4900


@BrainSlayer. Thx no more freezes!!! Smile
nlapplegate
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 15:00    Post subject: Re: WAN freeze WDR4900 v1 with build 22118 with Torrent Reply with quote
nlapplegate wrote:
nlapplegate wrote:
Brainslayer just released a non official release that will fix the LAN issue:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778355#778355

Build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/15/13) std - build 22532

Build 22532 is now up and runnning on WRD4900


@BrainSlayer. Thx no more freezes!!! Smile


last update on this: build 22532 is running fine for almost 5 days...
sanmibuh
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:14    Post subject: Re: WAN freeze WDR4900 v1 with build 22118 with Torrent Reply with quote
nlapplegate wrote:
nlapplegate wrote:
nlapplegate wrote:
Brainslayer just released a non official release that will fix the LAN issue:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=778355#778355

Build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/15/13) std - build 22532

Build 22532 is now up and runnning on WRD4900


@BrainSlayer. Thx no more freezes!!! Smile


last update on this: build 22532 is running fine for almost 5 days...



It works 5G WiFi?
ultradj83
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello there. 

TL-WDR4900 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/19/14) std - build 23598 . 

Nothing special into the configuration, it's been running fine for months on an other router. 

Any client connected to WiFi needs to periodically disconnect and reconnect to stay online otherwise, after about 1 hour, it no more communicates with router, also if WiFi connection is still up. 

No idea what to do. 

Anybody else reporting this problem?

Any solutions? 


Thanks and best regards
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum