Any DD-WRT Interest in ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

i made for the devices that do not have removable flash.

Also with this, you don't have to open the device. You have to use the console only.

If there is a need, i can prepare the stuff for the lite models too. I would need some feedback, or we just get one.

Sponsor
StRaNgA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Chris,
it would be nice to have a tool like this for the Edgerouter lite.
I could give you feedback if it is needed.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris wrote:
Hi,

Also with this, you don't have to open the device. You have to use the console only.

If there is a need, i can prepare the stuff for the lite models too. I would need some feedback, or we just get one.

I have seen the image for the edge router pro, it would be nice to have for the edge router lite as well.. These little gatways perform well in my testing.

-Fractal
tfoley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 21:54    Post subject: edge router lite flashable tar files Reply with quote
Any update on the flashable tar files for the Edge Router Lite? This way, we can flash to DD-WRT without cracking the seal on the case. Even an estimated release date?
dwaleke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just updated the internal USB drive on my Edgerouter Lite.

Everything that I have tested is working perfectly.

Thank you. Activation just purchased.
tfoley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 18:05    Post subject: Flash image to USB with Win32DiskImager Reply with quote
I simply formatted the newly purchased SanDisk SDCZ33-008G-B35 Cruzer Fit 8GB USB stick from within My Computer by right clicking on it and doing a "Quick Format". I then wrote the image (edgerouter-e100-lite.image) which I downloaded from Brain Slayers post within this thread to the newly formatted stick with Win32DiskImager. I then plugged the stick into the Edge Router lite and it started right up. Still need to do some more thorough testing, but so far, it looks like its working like a charm. I purchased the activation for it right away.
bradleybaldwin1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:04    Post subject: EdgeRouter Pro Flashing Help Needed Reply with quote
Hi guys!

I bought an ERPro-8 to play around with. Using the following method, I ran the latest DD-WRT from USB:
Create USB image using Win32DiskImager and the latest edgerouter-e200-pro.image
Using console connection, I booted up the router and hit any key to stop autoboot.
usb start
fatload usb 0:1 0x20000000 vmlinux.64
bootoctlinux 0 numcores=2 endbootargs mem=0 root=/dev/sda2 rw rootwait

Success! I then webbed into 192.168.1.1 and evaluated DD-WRT.
It is extremely fast, very responsive. Best damn router I've ever had with DD-WRT.

I'm ready to flash the ubnt-er-sysupgrade.tar to mmc now and make it permanent. I enjoy DD-WRT on this router and am willing to experiment, accept risks, understand it's a beta, etc.

Does anyone have any insight or instruction on how to flash the ubnt-er-sysupgrade.tar to mmc?
CurlyJose
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris wrote:
Hi,

Cool, I would like to test that on the lite model.
retewg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 19:21    Post subject: Internal USB EdgeRouter Lite Reply with quote
After some experimentation with different USB drives I discovered what I believe to be the problem for some people. Using recently purchased USB 2.0 drives (SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 16GB SDCZ33-016G-B35) console output shows that the boot loader can't read the device. I had some older USB 2.0 SandDisk Cruzer 8GB drives lying around that work just fine. It's not clear to me why uBoot can't find the newer USB drives; if someone has some information please let us know.
bradleybaldwin1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris wrote:
Hi,

for the two 8 port devies ER-8 and ERPro-8 we have now support for the internal mmc storage.

I also created a small recovery bootimage that can be used to reinstall the original edgeos, openwrt and ddwrt onto a nonbootable device. It boots via tftp.
The one that is on the ubnt wiki works only for the lite models.

I could only test that on ER-8, it should also work for the lite edgerouters, are there people who want to give me testfeedback for this?

I'd love to give you some test feedback on the mmc support for the ERPro-8. Do you have a flashable .tar image? The .tar images I download from the betas folder result in download failures under EdgeOS. Are these flashable from EdgeOS?
AlexanderTheSexy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:40    Post subject: EdgeRouter Lite - Which of the betas is recommended? Reply with quote
Hello all,

I have a Ubiquity EdgeRouter Lite.
This thread had the last posting, prior to this one, at Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:38.

Since we are now at the 21st December 2015, my question is:
Which of the beta DD-WRT builds is known to fully function?
I have tried this one:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-10-2015-r28493/ubnt-edgerouter-lite/
The router boots up fine, and I am able to connect to the internet, but for some reason the vpn does not conect.
I tried using the openvpn settings, no effect. Then I tried running it script only via the "Administration-Commands" tab, but no effect; eventhough I clicked on "Run Commands" and "Save Startup". After rebooting the router, there is normal internet, but no vpn active.

My home network consists of 1 Comtrend isp router, 1 Ubiquity EdgeRouter Lite, 1 roku internet media player, and 1 linux PC.
The vpn router is required because my isp throttles video streams.

My setup is simple:
Linux PC and roku connected to--> vpn router connected to--> isp router.
Thus far, I can get online without any issue. However the vpn does not activate.

I need the router to be able to connect to my vpn provider (IPVanish) and function as a dedicated vpn router on my home network.

Does anyone have any suggestions to a build that is known to work, or any ideas as to why the vpn does not come up?
Bransonb3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this project dead now? None of the edgerouters are in the router database at all, these devices should be in there with the wip or no status. If y'all are still working on on this could someone give an update of when there will be an official release for the Edgerouter pro.
shpitz461
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got an ERL-3 as well, been struggling with EdgeOS, too much manual/CLI stuff...

Been using dd-wrt on Buffalo WZR-D1800H for years, would be nice if I can get dd-wrt on the ERL.

At this point in time, the only way to get it on is to flash directly on the internal USB stick?

Is the 'edgerouter-e100-lite-webupgrade.bin' meant to be flashed via GUI only after dd-wrt has already been flashed to the USB?
artm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any update on the status of this build for the Lite?

I'm looking for a fast router for VPN and this may be the best (?). Don't need wireless, as I'm already using Ubiquiti UAP's.
artm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, thanks to the non-existent DD-WRT support for this router, I managed to purchase one and set it up with EdgeOS.

Between the setup wizards and online community support, it was rather simple to configure. There is nothing you can do in DD-WRT that you cannot do in EdgeOS. Sure, the learning curve is new and more extensive but there is no other choice for this router.

Between this router and a Unifi UAP-Pro I am better off than a traditional alI have ever been with a traditional, consumer-grade router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: