Any DD-WRT Interest in ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pastienot wrote:
@Fractal
Please would you consider sharing the bin file you are using successfully? Despite trying with the other files is this thread and using physdiskwrite to a new, cleaned and fat32 formatted 8Gb usb2 I still cannot get dd-wrt to boot on my ERL-3; or if it is booting I cannot access it.
I have tried everything and spent hours following all the advice/instructions in this thread with no joy.

Your assistance would be very gratefully received.
(I confirm have tested the usb stick to ensure it is not faulty)

I used the initial flash here and wrote that to the USB drive and booted up the edge router lite. The new files I just upgrade from dd-wrt UI on the edgerouter. We might see if brainslayer wants to post a bin here that he feels is the best to test.

-Fractal
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pastienot wrote:
@Fractal
Please would you consider sharing the bin file you are using successfully? Despite trying with the other files is this thread and using physdiskwrite to a new, cleaned and fat32 formatted 8Gb usb2 I still cannot get dd-wrt to boot on my ERL-3; or if it is booting I cannot access it.
I have tried everything and spent hours following all the advice/instructions in this thread with no joy.

Your assistance would be very gratefully received.
(I confirm have tested the usb stick to ensure it is not faulty)

Looking at your setup my guess is that physdiskwrite is messing up somehow.

You could download a live cd distro such as ubuntu or something and use the dd command

make sure you copy the dd-wrt image file to somewhere that you can get to it.

so if your usb drive was on /dev/sdb

you would do

sudo dd if=/home/fractal/edgerouter-e100-lite.image of=/dev/sdb

that should write the image to your usb disk.

so after that happens put the usb drive back in the edgerouter lite, then power it up... should take about 60 sec or so max.. you should start to be able to ping 192.168.1.1 and get a DHCP lease when plugged into eth0.

The last build that I have tested and is working is 25170.

I was able to upgrade to 25170 right from the first initial flash posted here. If you need 25170 pm me and I can get it to you.

-Fractal
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Once you enable the WAN port, then you can will see that you will loose connection to the device... The bridge gets setup like this:

ETH2= LAN
ETH1=Open
ETH0=WAN

-Fractal
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 23:36    Post subject: new beta Reply with quote
Hi everybody,
there is a new beta from 11.11.14 in the FTP

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/11-11-2014-r25309/ubnt-edgerouter-lite/edgerouter-e100-lite-webupgrade.bin

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/11-11-2014-r25309/ubnt-edgerouter-lite/edgerouter-e100-lite.image

I'm using and Upnp is now working properly.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm things working on this build:

I replaced my EA6900 with this and a Unify-AP-AC and noticed about 30% faster internet. on a 100mb/s connection I would get 56-60 on my EA6900 on this device I get the entire 100mb/s

-Fractal
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been looking at this device and am thrilled at the idea of running dd-wrt on it. I see that hw crypto is supported, what about hw nat? I would need to support greater than 300 Mbps..
athurdent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1 for some info on the actual system throughput using DD-WRT. From what I've read, the FreeBSD Port maxes out at about 250 Mbits/sec. Would be nice to know if DD-WRT does better...
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
athurdent wrote:
+1 for some info on the actual system throughput using DD-WRT. From what I've read, the FreeBSD Port maxes out at about 250 Mbits/sec. Would be nice to know if DD-WRT does better...

How can I test it? Give me some guidance and I can do the tests.
athurdent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I'll try Wink
You'd need two modern computers with Gigabit interfaces. One connected to the WAN port, one to the LAN port. The ER Lite should be setup like you would normally use it as Internet gateway, the WAN side should have a static IP, i.e. 10.1.1.1 (255.255.255.0) and your WAN test machine the IP 10.1.1.2 (255.255.255.0).
To measure with Windows (be sure to turn of Windows Firewall), you could go for NetIO-GUI http://sourceforge.net/projects/netiogui/
Start NetIO in server mode on the WAN computer and on your LAN client enter 10.1.1.2 as Remote Peer. That should normally do it.
Many thanks!
cratsil1979
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
this firmware is the same for poe edition....but it has disable eth3 and eth4

How can i add these eth inderface?
RangerZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 22:55    Post subject: EdgeLite USB Capabilities Reply with quote
I configured a ER3 for a family member recently and used it for about a month (Factory SW). With the LR-AP the range was incredible, but not faster than my WZR-G300NH.

The new micro USB drives are available in 32GB plus sizes now. As there is no USB on the device, is it possible (and realisitc=> performance) to partion/configure the USB drive so that it can also be used for File Storage.

I also would like to use this (or a second) as an Open VPN (TUN) device. I have not been able to get more than about 3-5MBps on the Buffalo.
cratsil1979
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 21:08    Post subject: Re: EdgeLite USB Capabilities Reply with quote
I have an edgerouter poe edition. Because it has almost the same harware, try to install dd-wrt on this.
Everything goes ok but it doesn't work eth2 eth3 eth4 at all.
How can i assign this eth interface. Pls help me
rkaede
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like this thread is not updated.

anyone can help with ErPOE ? its the same hardware with edgerouter lite. is just added built in POE and its 5port instead of 3.

if HWNAT works it will be interesting.

ASUS AC68U merlin fw
Linksys EA6700 - factory firmware - sold
DD-WRT v3.0 --- 27506
r25408
chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

for the two 8 port devies ER-8 and ERPro-8 we have now support for the internal mmc storage.

I also created a small recovery bootimage that can be used to reinstall the original edgeos, openwrt and ddwrt onto a nonbootable device. It boots via tftp.
The one that is on the ubnt wiki works only for the lite models.

I could only test that on ER-8, it should also work for the lite edgerouters, are there people who want to give me testfeedback for this?

n6300user
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris wrote:
Hi,

for the two 8 port devies ER-8 and ERPro-8 we have now support for the internal mmc storage.

I also created a small recovery bootimage that can be used to reinstall the original edgeos, openwrt and ddwrt onto a nonbootable device. It boots via tftp.
The one that is on the ubnt wiki works only for the lite models.

I could only test that on ER-8, it should also work for the lite edgerouters, are there people who want to give me testfeedback for this?

I can't speak to the 8 port models as I own an ER-lite ... but I recently used Win32DiskImager to back up a copy of the image on the stock flash drive. It worked perfectly. I loaded the image on a new cruzer fit. I also loaded the DD-WRT trial onto another cruzer fit flash drive. Both images worked well in the ER-lite. The backed up ER-lite image is almost 4GB, but zips down to about 140MB.

Win32DiskImager is easy to use and only identifies usb drives so you don't have to worry about trashing the wrong drive by mistake.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: