Guest VLAN possible on WNDR3700v4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tlr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 18:34    Post subject: Guest VLAN possible on WNDR3700v4? Reply with quote
I've read a few guides on how to do it but cannot figure out how to map that to build 22118 on the WNDR3700v4. I'm not even sure tagging will be supported in the way I'm trying to do it.

Firstly, I'm not using the radios at all. Pure wired as the box is in the basement. Currently I'm running this as a normal gateway with untagged packets.

What I want to do is keep the normal gateway and add a separate NAT forward for guest internet that comes out (and in) tagged as VLAN=1000.

So far I've been trying to do this through the gui. What confuses me is that the wiki tutorials I've found uses different numbering of the interfaces and sometimes different terminology.

Anyone that can share a working configuration or help me interpret?
Sponsor
tlr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found these:

Parts of the wiki seems to not have been updated in a while so I'm not sure the supported lists are still complete.

I've also found these:

I'm not sure this applicable here though. I'm not trying to get vlans out on different ports. Just tagged and untagged packets on one (or all) LAN ports.
The gui has a vlan tagging feature on the setup/networking page so I assume some tagging is possible, just not port based.

If I could manage to at least get the port to accept packets on vlan 1000 I could see them with tcpdump and go from there. So far no luck. Sad
tlr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
An alternative for me would be to get the main internet feed and the guest internet feed out on separate ports on the WNDR3700v4. I could then make a tagged 802.1q trunk of them in the GS110TP that feeds the house with the down side of wasting one GS110TP port.

Any clues gratefully accepted. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: