D-Link DIR615 E1 cannot login to DD-WRT web page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
drdtyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 22:16    Post subject: D-Link DIR615 E1 cannot login to DD-WRT web page Reply with quote
Flashed DD-WRT v24 PreSP2 (beta) Build:21061, the specific firmware to my D-Link DIR615 E1 router. I reset the DIR615 to factory setting before I flashed DD-WRT onto it for the first time. Did a Hard-reset 30-30-30-rule after flashing successfully.

Everything works fine using the DD-WRT default settings and much superior than the stock firmware from D-Link.

But there is one problem. I cannot log into the DD-WRT webpage to switch the wifi to password-protect mode. Right now, anybody can use wifi on my router without any restriction.

On Windows 7, I used ipconfig to obtain the router ip address as 192.168.0.1. I am surprised that it is not 192.168.1.1.

Every time I used webbrowser to access 192.168.1.1. It showed the server cannot be found.

Every time I used webbrowser to access 192.168.0.1 it showed the login screen of my previous Hiltron Technologies router (this one was already replaced by my current D-Link DIR615).

Why it still showed the Hiltron Technologies router login page? Anyway, I tried to log in using user "root" and password "admin" without success. Tried also old users and passwords of the current DIR615 router or the previous Hiltron Technologies without success.

Tried Telnet to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 but cannot connect to router.

Any other suggestion to try.

Very happy with DD-WRT on wired connection.
But concerned about the unprotected wifi.

Please help. Thanks!

P.S. I am not a network guy. But quite familiar using Windows PC and have upgrade Windows OS before. DO bear with me for any stupid question.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you still have the static ip set on your pc? If so, when you do ipconfig, it's going to show the static ip you set.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Do you still have the static ip set on your pc? If so, when you do ipconfig, it's going to show the static ip you set.

My pc is using automatic dynamic ip setting.
This is not the problem.

In Windows 7, in "Network and Sharing Center", when I choose "view network computers and devices", I can see my previous Hiltron Technologies router is the only router under Network Infrastructure. But I cannot see DD-WRT under Network Infrastructure.

Could this explain why my webbrowser shows the Hiltron Technologies router login screen when I type 192.168.0.1 in my webbrowser ?

This Hiltron Technologies router cannot be deleted from Network Infrastructure. But it also cannot be "enabled". Its properties is showing 192.168.0.1 as the device page.

Any suggestion?
Thanks for your help anyway.
drdtyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update:

My previous reported problem was based on a Windows PC which I previously run software to install my old Hiltron Technologies Router. THis old router login page keeps on popping up when I go to 192.168.0.1 on my webbrowser. Also ipconfig confirms the default gateway address is 192.168.0.1

This morning, I use a separate PC on my home network to access the DIR615 with DD-WRT firmware. Good news! 192.168.1.1 on webbrowser leads me to the DD-WRT login page. I can now set login password and secured DD-WRT wifi with WAP2. Also, ipconfig confirms the default gateway address is 192.168.1.1

Now 1 problem solved (i.e. wifi is secured), but another one arises.

PC A is using gateway 192.168.0.1 which sees my 2 NAS drives in the home network and can connect to internet.

PC B is using gateway 192.168.1.1 which sees no NAS drives in the home network and also can connect to internet.

How to let PC B see everything on the home network and sees PC A?

In the past, when I used my old Hiltron Technology router, PC A and PC B can see each other to share files on both PCs. Also both PCs can see my 2 NAS drives.

Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. Would it be a simple change of setting DD-WRT's LAN ip as 192.168.0.1?
If so, would the log in page be changed to 192.168.0.1 after setting the new DD-WRT LAN ip?
Apologize for my stupid newbie network questions!
drdtyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update 2:

On PC B, ipconfig shows 192.168.1.1 as default gateway.
I login to DD-WRT control panel by going to 192.168.1.1 on my webbrowser.
I set the LAN address of DD-WRT to 192.168.0.1 and apply the changes.
I then reboot PC B.

Now both PC A and PC B are having the same default gateway 192.168.0.1. They can now see each other and also my 2 NAS drives on the home network.

On PC B, I am now stuck with the same problem as on PC A.
This is the problem of 192.168.0.1 on my webbrowser gets me to the login page of my previous Hiltron Technologies router. I can no more login to the DD-WRT control panel.

How to get rid of the login page of the previous Hiltron Technologies router?
I can see it as Network Infrastructure but cannot remove it.
Please help.
shayne85
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Change the LAN address of the router running DD-WRT to 192.168.0.2, then 192.168.0.1 will go to one router, and 192.168.0.2 with go to the 2nd.

You cannot have 2 devices with the SAME IP on the same network.
drdtyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
shayne85 wrote:
Change the LAN address of the router running DD-WRT to 192.168.0.2, then 192.168.0.1 will go to one router, and 192.168.0.2 with go to the 2nd.

You cannot have 2 devices with the SAME IP on the same network.

I did not make it clear.
I have only one DD-WRT router on my network.

My previous Hiltron Technologies router has been returned to the ISP which rented it to me.

But the strange thing is that this Hiltron router's login page is still there when I go to 192.168.0.1 using webbrowser. This login page thus prevented me to go to DD-WRT's control panel.

How to get rid of this Hiltron login page is the problem I have to solve.

Any suggestion to delete this Hiltron login page?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the Hiltron router is not physically present in your network then the page must be in your browser cache, clear it.

And make sure (by optical inspection) that you returned the right router to the ISP..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: