[SOLVED] Repeater: should I see second/virtual network?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
T1G3R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 21:16    Post subject: [SOLVED] Repeater: should I see second/virtual network? Reply with quote
I have two DD-WRT powered routers. One is serving as the AP. I just went through instructions to set up the second as a repeater bridge. I added a virtual interface with a different SSID. I was able to get network traffic via a LAN cable. When I disconnected the LAN cable, I was only able to see the primary/AP network name and not the name of the virtual interface. Is this as expected? If not, what troubleshooting guides can someone point me to?

THanks!

Last edited by T1G3R on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
apersononearth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
On SOME routers/builds, the Virtual Wireless Network will not be visible unless there is a successful connection to the AP. So the first question is, have you done a power cycle? Secondly, if you have, try linking with security disabled. Keep in mind WPA2-AES is your best option when you re-enable it.
T1G3R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
apersononearth wrote:
On SOME routers/builds, the Virtual Wireless Network will not be visible unless there is a successful connection to the AP. So the first question is, have you done a power cycle? Secondly, if you have, try linking with security disabled. Keep in mind WPA2-AES is your best option when you re-enable it.

Ah, you saved me! Thank you. It was the algorithm that was the problem. When I disabled security it all worked (I had WPA2- Personal/TKIP) and AES worked like a charm. SO stoked!

Thank you again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: