FONERA AP/CLIENT BRIDGE with WPA/WPA2? (2007-620 only WEP?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
elbman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 14:20    Post subject: FONERA AP/CLIENT BRIDGE with WPA/WPA2? (2007-620 only WEP?) Reply with quote
Hi,

i tried to get a wireless bridge working this weekend.
I flashed 2 new Fonera with DD-WRT 2007-0620.
I configured the first as AP and the second as client bridge.(of cause firewall disabled etc.)

It was unfortunately not possible for me to get a wireless bridge working with wpa or wpa2

The only solution for me was to use the old WEP encryption.

Is it not possible to use WPA2 oder WPA for a wireless bridge?`
Or has anybody such a bridge working with WPA?
Is it a problem just with this firmware (620) or an unsolved problem yet? Is there an older or newer firmware supporting my request. (Bridging with WPA?)

Multiple thx for your Help!!!

elbman

(The 2 Foneras replace 2 DWL-900AP. They had a special Bridgemode and could not be seen by sniffing Programs. The foneras do not have such a mode and WEP encrytion is to risky i think)
Sponsor
nils27
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
For me the "client bridge" mode from the wireless tab works pretty well with WPA2 personal AES at lest starting from 0629 and later.
Just reset to factory default and disable firewall, disable WAN, change wireless settings to "client bridge" and choose WPA2 personal.

....BUT the DHCP Server either on the LAN or localy on the Fonera doesn´t work while in bridging mode!
elbman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 16:37    Post subject: Fonera Bridge Reply with quote
Ok. I should try the newest firmware. Are there any improvements concering this bridge feature?

Missing DHCP should be no problem, important is that everything else works. No blocked Ports etc.
nils27
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I disagree.
Having no DHCP inplace is a major show stopper. Imagine an embedded device which you want to use at the repeater´s ethernet port. Those devices mostly use DHCP or need serial access to configure them.
elbman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
it works! Thx

(Gruß nach Aachen, sehr schöne Stadt, hab da auch 3 Jahre als Student gewohnt Wink)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: