Linksys Cisco ea6700

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Delgriffth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
While trying step 8 in the ea6500 guide after I run the provided command I get this

/bin/sh: eval: line 3: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting

Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsor
Pastorbrendad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Delgriffth wrote:
Am I doing something wrong?

Oh, I think it’s just looking for an extra semicolon at the end of the last line. I think it works without it, the grammar is just technically wrong at the end so it spits out an error. aPpYe figured this out up there.
Delgriffth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I've installed 23204 and from there hit a wall. Won't let me upgrade to anything..repeated upgrade failed. It would let me past that point with the latest stock firmware and claims successful upgrade but after reboot it's still 23204. At this point I'm not sure what to do.
Pastorbrendad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Delgriffth wrote:
So I've installed 23204 and from there hit a wall. Won't let me upgrade to anything..repeated upgrade failed. It would let me past that point with the latest stock firmware and claims successful upgrade but after reboot it's still 23204. At this point I'm not sure what to do.

Which build were you trying to upgrade to from 23204? I had the same issue with some of my EA6700s, and had to go to build 34610 before I could successfully go to anything newer.

That’s why it’s step 7 of the “official guide” here: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320463&highlight=
Delgriffth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pastorbrendad wrote:
Delgriffth wrote:

Which build were you trying to upgrade to from 23204? I had the same issue with some of my EA6700s, and had to go to build 34610 before I could successfully go to anything newer.

That’s why it’s step 7 of the “official guide” here: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320463&highlight=

I've tried that version. I've tried newer versions. I've tried the stock version. Every one I get update failed.
Pastorbrendad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Delgriffth wrote:
I've tried that version. I've tried newer versions. I've tried the stock version. Every one I get update failed.

Were you connected directly to the router via ethernet with a static IP address? If not, that could be the issue. If you were, I'd recommend trying to upload build 34610 via TFTP while still connected via ethernet w/ static IP.
Slinced
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a Linksys EA6700 router from here
URL Linksys AC1750 Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Router (EA6700)

and just received it today and noticed it didn't have Cisco branding. Another thing I noticed was it didn't have usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports like the item described but instead had usb 1.0 and 2.0 ports. The router's pic from the amazon page looks like mine but the only difference was there's no on and off switch at the back.

So I'm wondering if its even the same hardware and could still mod this router or should I take it back?
Pastorbrendad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slinced wrote:
So I'm wondering if its even the same hardware and could still mod this router or should I take it back?

I have 4 ea6700s and none of them have the power switch on the back. Also, do your USB ports look just like that picture? The labels under the ports are just labeling them as the first and second port. The blue one is USB 3 and the black one is USB 2.

Hope this helps!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slinced wrote:

and just received it today and noticed it didn't have Cisco branding.

The EA series from the EA-6100 up is post-Cisco and is actually the beginning of the Belkin era of Linksys, if I am not mistaken. Apparently, there is or was a deal in the works for Belkin to be bought by Foxconn a couple years back. Not sure if that went through or not.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Pastorbrendad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Not sure if that went through or not.

Apparently it went through in September of 2018: https://www.belkin.com/us/pressreleases/8865070023740/
Slinced
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pastorbrendad wrote:
Slinced wrote:

I have 4 ea6700s and none of them have the power switch on the back. Also, do your USB ports look just like that picture? The labels under the ports are just labeling them as the first and second port. The blue one is USB 3 and the black one is USB 2.

Hope this helps!

Yeah it looks this one and wow, don't know how I could have missed that about the labeling. Saved me from racking my head around why someone would still making devices with usb 1.0 Thanks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: