Wired and Wireless Repeater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ma77c00k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 18:22    Post subject: Wired and Wireless Repeater Reply with quote
I'm usually not too bad with networking or computers but this time I need some help or I'm gonna lose it.

I'm just trying to add a WIRED repeater/ap and a WIRELESS repeater to my network. My main modem/router is in the basement and I get horrible signal throughout the rest of the house and yard.

My main modem/router combo is a Comcast provided SMCD3GNV with default firmware, IP 10.0.0.1. I also have a Cisco E1200 which I want to be my wired repeater/ap with ddwrt on it. And a Cisco WRT160N with ddwrt on it, which will serve as the wireless repeater.

I tried six ways to Sunday to configure these routers to work on this network but just can't. I was hoping someone here could help or point me towards some good literature. How exactly should I be setting these up to make it work? Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
OH MY LORD!

I was trying to use the WAN port on my AP the whole time. Eff me sideways. This has been a week of pure confusion and frustration.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: