TP-Link Archer C5 can't connect Web GUI Management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:34    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C5 can't connect Web GUI Management Reply with quote
Hi,
I hope to explain myself well and not ask any "stupid" questions ...
I have 39144 version of dd-wrt, I know is old version, but work fine for me and I view that (this version is of March 2019) From an April or May version, minidlna server stops working for me. Same configuration, everything exactly the same (always connected by cable) stops working, when on my smart tv (samsung) I give it to connect to the dlna server of the dd wrt, access and say: No file to show.
On the other hand, with versions before April or May 2019, it works perfectly for me, and it is something I use (I have a small daughter), the dlna server is important for me.
That is why I use this version, but during this week I have tried current versions (even the last one) and the problem I open this post continues.

I tell you my configuration:
Router of my ISP configured as Router (I can not configure it in bridge mode, which is really what I want and want, because if I do that, I have another problem, I lose the television cloud services, subject exposed in this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1194279#1194279 )

As I commented, Router of my ISP configured as Router, my tp link with dd wrt connected to the router of the isp but in lan port, the wan port I have it disabled, configured dd wrt wan connection type in disabled, Router of my isp with ip: 192.168.1.1
IP Router tp link with dd wrt 192.168.1.5
Enabled DHCP of the dd wrt, obviously gateway 192.168.1.1 (and my dns and same subnet mask).
Computer connected to the tp link on another lan port.
All good, perfect.
But ... I want to wake up my computer, although I assign arp tables and everything else, as the router is my router isp I can not send a Wol (from outside my network) to port 9 and that My desktop wake up doesn't work. In previous times, when I had my isp router in bridge mode, I had dd wrt configured for wake up, assigned static ip to my desktop, assigned arp -i table ... etc ... all perfect.
But now it is the router of my isp that is doing the router, and the only idea I can think of for wake up my desktop is accessing the web interface of dd wrt (I have redirected the 9 udp port on the router of my isp to the ip of both the tp link and my desktop, it does not work, said router does not maintain arp tables) I have also redirected port 8080 on the router of my isp to the ip of the tp link.
In the administration of dd wrt I have activated remote web access on port 8080 also Allow Any Remote IP, and SSH as well.

I can't connect to the dd wrt web guide from my mobile, which is where I need wake up to my desktop.

I do not know if I forget something or I am lost, I have been several days (trying to solve the other) and with this, and I am not able to find the solution to, or access remotely and be able to wake up my desktop or access the Web remotely from dd wrt and lift it from there.

Sorry for my extensive post ...

Thanks!
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
have a look at: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_access_point

DHCP should be off when using this setup, gateway and local DNS should be set to the primary router.
Some primary routers want you to use an IP address for the ddwrt in scope of their DHCP server others do not (like is the case for ddwrt routers)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks egc,

For me, this setup is completely new, I have always connected with the primary as bridge, and dd wrt as a router, but for the comments in the initial post, I had to configure it this time.
I have read the document that you indicate, when I read things like that, I think that, I think I know a little, after reading it, I don't know anything or I have a lot to learn Smile

I have reconfigured my ddwrt as indicated in the document and you advise. I have disabled DHCP in ddwrt, gateway and local dns point to primary router (same ip, ip primary router its 192.168.1.1, and in ddwrt I configured gateway and local dns to 192.168.1.1.

To my ddwrt I set manually in ddwrt 192.168.1.5
But I don't know if its better config in primary router the ip of ddwrt and set this in blank in dd wrt.

After this, I reconfigured all options indicate in the document.

Restart the 2 routers, primary and dd wrt.

I can access to FTP, SSH ... to ddwrt (in primary router I create a rule to forward port 21 to 192.168.1.5, also with port 22 (SSH) to forward to port 22.
This all work.
But .... continue with can't access to remote web access gui, I try to change in port router, I try to change in main router) I try to change default port port to 8888, and in main router, forwar by 8888 to 192.168.1.5.
Any, nothin, I can't .... not load.

I try with the port 8080 (enabled and disabled this option in main router) alwaos, with port 8080 or 8888 create forward in main router for this ip to 192.168.1.5.

I don't have more iddeas ... Smile

Again, thank you very much !!!

Edit: Sorry, I view that, thsi threar its better in forum: Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
If some mod can move...
My apologies.
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
Solved!
I made the changes (thanks at you) that you suggest, I was wrong config with my actual setup.

After this and reboot the 2 routers, I was continue with not connect to web gui remote, I was redirect the port 8080 to the ip of ddrwt but not connect.

A few minutes ago, I review this redirect in the main router, especific:
External and internals ports to ip x.
Also, in external and internal I was set a 8080 port, I change to:
External 8080
Internal 80.
Forward to ip of dd wrt (192.168.1.5) and now...yes!!!! I can access web gui remote Smile

I was try to wake up my computer under SSH (I can connect by SSH to DDWRT) but the commands I was try not work for me, and in the smartphone, tupe every time the commands...

Thanks and regards!
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
have a look at: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_access_point

DHCP should be off when using this setup, gateway and local DNS should be set to the primary router.
Some primary routers want you to use an IP address for the ddwrt in scope of their DHCP server others do not (like is the case for ddwrt routers)

Hi,

Hello, as I mentioned in a previous post, your link helped me a lot!
I did not know that, when we use a router (in this case, the one of my isp) as the main one, and the dd-wrt as secondary, it had to be configured as indicated in the link that you indicated.
It helped me a lot, I learned a lot, I have done many things that I had not done before. Thank you.
I have used dd-wrt for quite some time, and I thought I knew how to configure it, when reading that link, I realized: "I just know, I don't know anything Smile"

Now I have configured my main router of my isp as bridge (simple modem) and I use the dd-wrt as the main router but ... compared to what I learned with that link, I think that maybe, I don't know how to configure it correctly (the dd-wrt ) as the primary router.

I have searched the dd-wrt wiki to see if there is a configuration guide for the main router as well as the link you provided me to configure it as a secondary one. I have not found it.
I keep searching, but can't find it ...

Any suggestion, welcome will be Smile

I take this opportunity to wish that you are all well, that this situation we are experiencing affects you as little as possible and that you are the best possible.

Best regards and again, thank you.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your ISP router is in bridge mode, then to setup your router is very simple.

Just hit the reset button and connect the WAN port of the DDWRT router to the ISP modem.

Your ISP modem must learn your MAC address so if you have configured your DDWRT router, power off the ISP modem, power on and connect your DDWRT and after that power on the ISP modem.

There is no wiki as this is the default setting of DDWRT Smile

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
If your ISP router is in bridge mode, then to setup your router is very simple.

Just hit the reset button and connect the WAN port of the DDWRT router to the ISP modem.

Your ISP modem must learn your MAC address so if you have configured your DDWRT router, power off the ISP modem, power on and connect your DDWRT and after that power on the ISP modem.

There is no wiki as this is the default setting of DDWRT Smile

Thanks for your reply and help!

This is what I have done, indeed, my isp router, is now configured as a bridge (simple modem) and I want to use dd-wrt as the main router.
So I understand that the default values are correct to configure it as the main router. I always thought about it, but after reading your previous link ... I saw that, "I just know I don't know anything" Smile
I really learned a lot, did a lot of setups and it worked in a way that had never worked.

Set it as main ... there is no wiki because its default value (rightly I couldn't find anything in the wiki Smile)

I stay with your phrase:
"There is no wiki as this is the default setting of DDWRT" Smile

Again, a thousand thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: