"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
fayvasya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello! Need help on 6300V1. There was firmware r23720 from ASUS RT-AC68U. Decided to update, Downloaded r38840 (https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/02-19-2019-r38840/linksys-ea6300/), flashed from the web, and turned boot loop. On web not goes, pings go ttl 100, reboot every minute roughly, through tftp are poured all files(has tried the original firmware, old ddwrt, small and its cfe). But the router does not load. The light flashes. On DHCP the computer does not receive the address, registered hands. I have a usb-com adapter, maybe with it you can do something?
Sponsor
fayvasya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
After pouring cfe or nvram through tftp, reboots stop, ping a constant ttl 100, the bulb blinks, green 1 in a second.
hoanganh999388
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
link626 wrote:
I'm thinking about trying ddwrt once again.
Which version is the fastest and most stable.
The stock linksys fw has been rock solid for me, but stupid linksys won't let me force 40mhz on 2.4ghz.

try to stock file i post. it is able unlock all channel and 40 bw mhz . if you know how to flash cfe then here the best cfe for ea6400.
what feature:
*porting cfe from xvortex( able hlod reset button for loading new FW).
* setting clock rate 1200,400 which 75% faster than stock.
*porting 2.4ghz from AC56ac which maximum 27.5 dbm.
*porting 5ghz from r7000 which maximum 25.0 dbm.
*including calibrating radio wifi,ssid,secret code ...etc.
*maximum of FW now 31.75 mB.
*max data by wifi.
* free softbricked from reset 30/30/30.

for best adv. use : dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_128K.bin to get maximun nvram.
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
notes: if you use VPN then setting :clkfreq=1400,533. sdram_config=0x0147.
for running stock FW , you need replace all parameter from this cfe to stock cfe.

Linksys ea6350 v1 can use?? Thank you
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
am running build 40932 and i notice wifi security issues on the 5Ghz band. WPA/WPA2 settings. when set to WPA2 AES only cant connect but when set to WPA/WPA2 AES would connect. also am getting very poor wifi range.

any help appreciated.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
luisiangel11 wrote:
am running build 40932 and i notice wifi security issues on the 5Ghz band. WPA/WPA2 settings. when set to WPA2 AES only cant connect but when set to WPA/WPA2 AES would connect. also am getting very poor wifi range.

any help appreciated.

May wish to try updating to a newer build. Like the one that was released today.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
luisiangel11 wrote:

any help appreciated.

May wish to try updating to a newer build. Like the one that was released today.

thank you i will update in a few minutes than ill post some results after some usage
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried to get freshtomato with koolshare cfe to work as a repearter but it just wont save some settings

after doing some testing ended up flashing xvortex cfe and latest kong build and its definitely the combo ftw

i have 6 RX errors and 0 TX errors on the 5ghz band after 13 hours of up time

signal strength is poor compared to my last router (WNDR4500v2 on latest kong build)
ssnova
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
luisiangel11 wrote:
i tried to get freshtomato with koolshare cfe to work as a repearter but it just wont save some settings

after doing some testing ended up flashing xvortex cfe and latest kong build and its definitely the combo ftw

signal strength is poor compared to my last router (WNDR4500v2 on latest kong build)

Hi luisangel11, I know it's been a while, but I was wondering if you're able to share the latest Kong build link you used?

I downloaded the latest build provided on this forum for the ea6400 ( 40559 ) posted here:

https://dd-wrt.com/support/router-database/?model=EA6400_1.0

Is that the one you used?

Also mind sharing the link for where you got the xvortex cfe?

I've been out of the scene for years, came back and see that Kong has disappeared and I'm a bit confused with where people are getting the latest official builds that work specifically for the ea6400.

Of course I found this repository:

http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/

But being the noob I am I'm a bit perplexed with all the options they have for a build as we have the broadcom chipset.

Has your current setup still been stable (xvortex with "latest" kong build) on the ea6400?

TIA
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
The router database doesn't have the latest builds. Do not use it. Go to "Other Downloads" => "betas" => "2019" .... SMFH.

Also, for the CloneVince Kong repo, reading this might help your n00b boggle: http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/Supported%20Models

----------------------
ssnova
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
The router database doesn't have the latest builds. Do not use it. Go to "Other Downloads" => "betas" => "2019" .... SMFH.

Also, for the CloneVince Kong repo, reading this might help your n00b boggle: http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/Supported%20Models

That does it for the build. Thanks for pointing in the right direction, no need for the antics though. Like I said I've been away from the scene for a long time and a lot has changed.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssnova wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

That does it for the build. Thanks for pointing in the right direction, no need for the antics though. Like I said I've been away from the scene for a long time and a lot has changed.

I was away from *NIX (Linux, especially), programming, etc. for about 10 years when I stumbled upon DD-WRT thanks to a router that was given to me by my late brother-in-law. I understand. I'm still catching up. I'm just a little weary of the 'real' n00bs coming here with no clue and wondering why their router doesn't work so well after flashing 40559. Nothing personal.

----------------------
ssnova
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
ssnova wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

I was away from *NIX (Linux, especially), programming, etc. for about 10 years when I stumbled upon DD-WRT thanks to a router that was given to me by my late brother-in-law. I understand. I'm still catching up. I'm just a little weary of the 'real' n00bs coming here with no clue and wondering why their router doesn't work so well after flashing 40559. Nothing personal.

I can understand the frustration of "n00bz" too. I used hang out in other forums (old school overclocker ) back in the day, advising in what I was comfortable with, and see people touch their machines without understanding what they're doing first and messing it up later. Which is why I'm trying to be meticulous before I flash this ea6400. And thanks again for pointing in the right direction, cheers and happy holidays too.
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys, do you have same problem?

2,4Ghz wifi on my ea6400 is veeery slow (like 5-10mbps) and unstable if I am more than 2meters from router

I guess its HW problem, cos it was like that on stock FW, on ddwrt, on wrt Merlin and now I use tomatoShibby and its still not working

5Ghz is working great

any suggestion?
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssnova wrote:
luisiangel11 wrote:

Hi luisangel11, I know it's been a while, but I was wondering if you're able to share the latest Kong build link you used?

I downloaded the latest build provided on this forum for the ea6400 ( 40559 ) posted here:

https://dd-wrt.com/support/router-database/?model=EA6400_1.0

Is that the one you used?

Also mind sharing the link for where you got the xvortex cfe?

I've been out of the scene for years, came back and see that Kong has disappeared and I'm a bit confused with where people are getting the latest official builds that work specifically for the ea6400.

Of course I found this repository:

http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/

But being the noob I am I'm a bit perplexed with all the options they have for a build as we have the broadcom chipset.

Has your current setup still been stable (xvortex with "latest" kong build) on the ea6400?

TIA

am running build 37015m kong i found here http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/
and cfe i found on this thread cant remember page number. just make sure to change some values using cfe tool and then flash
hoot_spoot
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:00    Post subject: what version? Reply with quote
luisiangel11 wrote:

am running build 37015m kong i found here http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/
and cfe i found on this thread cant remember page number. just make sure to change some values using cfe tool and then flash

I'm looking in the build 40270 (2019-07-10) folder. Which version is for the EA6400?

Navigation

Jump to: