"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Fclark77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you not a fan of this router? It seems to be decent (unless I'm missing something). I always use ssh just out of habit and will do the CFE update as soon as my cable comes in (est. delivery date is 6/15), I just don't want to brick it before hand. But, I actually did a CFE backup right away on it too; but I doubt I'll ever want to go back to stock fw as I never have before and I've been using dd-wrt for 12+ years Smile. I just picked up a netgear wndr3300 and a wnr2000 v5 (I'm a hobbyist / professional WAN / WLAN / LAN engineer who likes to test on as many platforms as possible).
Sponsor
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
[Firmware Release] [Leader Series] [20180508] 380.70_0-X7.9 Firmware Release, Firmware Upload Again

Apparently classed as legacy firmware, are Koolshare moving away from Merlin development?

They're discussing whether or not to continue development for 384.4 but it's also the last 380 version from the official RMerl changelog.

MD5: EBCFE1819F4EECDC309CCE0DF3490A72

Download: http://firmware.koolshare.cn/Koolshare_Merlin_Legacy_380/Linksys//EA6400/X7.9/EA6400_380.70_0-X7.9.trx

Mirror:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Kg3RI-6ex7YD7aLQugoFco_Sy7Pggra/view?usp=sharing

I have been running stock Linksys on my router for three months and it's possible without the UUID key on the versions but the remote smart wifi won't work but the local administration UI will. Just use the version 1.1.40.160989 and flash this with the Asus restoration utility with the koolshare cfe and then you can upgrade incrementally to each new version (including the newer ones from this year).

I'll be moving back to DD-Wrt or Merlin depending on the features. The open source alternatives are probably better in terms of security as well.

Translation
Firmware Update Log (X7.9):
May 08, 2018:
Routine updates: synchronous asuswrt-merlin 380.70_0 firmware code update logs see asuswrt-merlin update log of section 380.70

Brush instructions :
Upgrade X7.9 from X7.x series without clearing configuration and formatting jffs partitions;
To upgrade X7.9 from the X6.x series, you need to clear the router configuration and format the jffs partition;
If there is a problem with the interface after the upgrade, try clearing the browser cache or forcing a refresh (ctrl + F5)

Fclark77 wrote:
Are you not a fan of this router? It seems to be decent (unless I'm missing something). I always use ssh just out of habit and will do the CFE update as soon as my cable comes in (est. delivery date is 6/15), I just don't want to brick it before hand. But, I actually did a CFE backup right away on it too; but I doubt I'll ever want to go back to stock fw as I never have before and I've been using dd-wrt for 12+ years Smile. I just picked up a netgear wndr3300 and a wnr2000 v5 (I'm a hobbyist / professional WAN / WLAN / LAN engineer who likes to test on as many platforms as possible).

Honestly, this router gives me headaches sometimes, especially with the installation method atm. Newbies can definitely end up bricking their router which is why I would also recommend a different one. The overheating issues is a bugger too but mines been fine out of the box (uk refurb model).

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running latest DD-Wrt, power led seems to be off when it is started up so just insert 'gpio enable 8' as a startup script.

Seems to be fairly stable and better than how I used to remember DD-Wrt Wink

I am on BrainSlayer's build DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std (06/10/1Cool

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
Valeriy_tc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
For Linksys ea6400 which is jtag connector and please pinouts for jag?
Thanks.

I foun this.
Thank you Malachi

Malachi wrote:
From left to right, the pins inside the white connector. 1-2-3-4-5-6
Ground is #6, tx or rx is #3, rx is #5.
If that doesn't work, swap rx and tx. It won't harm to swap them.
Ground is always #6.
link626
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router is slower than my modem.

My modem delivers 450mbps, and this router can only do 250mbps max over wired connection.
nickbike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 23:32    Post subject: Update... Reply with quote
Serial pins... from antenas starting... 1.ground.. 2.tx.rx 4.rx.tx ... switch tx with rx if your first conf dont work...

If your router is updated to a earlier that 2017 year firmware... slim ddwrt will not be accepted from webGui... so use CFE... once started(router) stop booting (ex. Ctrl+c) .. use flash command to flash the ea6400 slim version first...

Flash -noheader tftp.ip:file.Location.extention flash0.trx

Ex. flash -noheader 192.168.1.5:ea6300.bin flash0.trx

I flash both ram drives (trx and trx2) because for some reason mine was restoring each time the linsys firmw... some tutorials says only first one(trx)...
It will take about 2 min to load and write....

Turn of your firewall or make permissive rules for your tftp sever

After you proced as other tutoriala... write your cfe.bin to system.. then flash the mega version of ea6300 ...

If you have question will be glad to help...

I also changed the termo rubber under heatsink of cpu... temps seems to improove...
Magnum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got a freebie EA6300v1, which I'll call for EA6400 from now on.

Followed the guide and used the Koolshare CFE. I was contemplating using deslatha's tweaked XVORTEX CFE from page 93, but seeing nobody commented on it and that the language and description was a bit unclear, I decided to play it safe.

My main router is a Netgear R7800 running Openwrt 18.x.

My main desktop computer uses a R7000 running AdvancedTomato Version 3.5-140 as a media bridge. It's about 6 meters apart the main router. Apart from it being inside a compartment in my wooden desk, nothing else obstructs the line of sight to the main router.

I get about 60+MB/s when downloading from my NAS which is connected by cable to my main router when using my R7000. I think DD-wrt was similar. Can't really remember. (I was just testing different firmwares and I just happened to end up with AdvancedTomato)

In testing the EA6400, the EA6400 has a clear line of sight to the main router. (it's not in the compartment).

EA6400 running Freshtomato 2018.4 got about 40MB/s when used as a media bridge. Main green light works fine.

EA6400 running DD-WRT v3.0-r36070M kongac (05/31/1Cool got about 55-56MB, sometimes a litte less, sometimes hitting 58MB/s. Main green light works fine out of the box here too.

That's a solid result, and if I remember right, is a little better than the Asus AC66U. DD-WRT works just as well on this router as any other router. But it's a bit complicated to flash and upgrade. (You can't upgrade from the DD-WRT GUI)

My EA6400 is going to be a set-it-and-forget-it router at our vacation house. We use our neighbours wifi there but it's pretty weak. So I'll use DD-wrt mainly in client repeater mode.

EDIT: Just reading the last couple of pages (there haven't been much activity so the last pages go back about a year or so), it seems everyone has issues with DD-WRT. All I can say is that r36070M kongac works perfect regarding speeds on both 2.4 and 5Ghz. I never tried any earlier builds or BS builds, so I don't know if I'm lucky or if the firmware has been bettered. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Last edited by Magnum on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:07; edited 1 time in total
Magnum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silent_Swift wrote:
Running latest DD-Wrt, power led seems to be off when it is started up so just insert 'gpio enable 8' as a startup script.

Seems to be fairly stable and better than how I used to remember DD-Wrt Wink

I am on BrainSlayer's build DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std (06/10/1Cool

Just a heads up if it's of use for anyone:

DD-WRT v3.0-r36070M kongac works with the power LED right out of the box.

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I need some help.
I stoppped using my EA6300 v1 (months ago) because, for some reason, it was not playing nice with my girlfriend's old Galaxy S5. So I got back using my trusty TP-Link 1043ND.
Now the TP-Link is not playing nice with other stuff (it was fine for the last 6 or 7 years) and I decided to bring back the EA6300.
But it's on a boot loop. Something it was not doing before.
It boots the CFE Server page. Then it reboots and boots to DD-WRT. Then reboots again to CFE Server page. And it goes like that eternally.
Any idea what would be the best approach to make it stop bootlooping? I don't mind if I have to re-flash something. But I need it stable to be able to do that.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanx.
Kevin Shindel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
Did this option work ?

Router - Linsys EA6300 V1
Firmware - DD-WRT v3.0-r37932 std (12/08/2018)
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 18:57    Post subject: EA6400 restart loop Reply with quote
Hello forum,

I have been using ddwrt for long time and it is stuck at reboot looping.

Behaviours;
1. After restore by blue wps button at the back of router it starts and i can see Asus CFE recovery page at 192.168.1.1 I can ping but can not flash any ddwrt version or other tomato variants.
2. When I reboot from power or try to flash and manually power off and power up it goes a reboot loop and connection loose at 192.168.1.1

Can you please advice If I need jtag it and pls tell me ports on board i should connect and guide link to follow.

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smaller picture please. I don’t remember all the pin locations but the top one is ground.
By the way it’s serial not jtag.
You should be able to find the info you need in the first few pages of this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Smaller picture please. I don’t remember all the pin locations but the top one is ground.
By the way it’s serial not jtag.
You should be able to find the info you need in the first few pages of this thread.

I found on previous page tx-rx-gnd pins and connected to computer then has response on putty though can not stop the boot session to go on command on termnial cfe>

Questions
is the keyboard combination ctrl + c ?

another problem i notice when i set up connection com port number and settings router does not boot and all ethernet port leds on when cable connections are made and usb connected(even does not response when i power off and up back) i need usb device unplug and plug again the router to boot but in this case i cant catch at initial boot time to hit key combination and wait for the mesage router rebooting in 10 sec and so on...

really hard position to recover steps
cfeedback2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just some random observations on this beast...

It's nearly impossible to brick once you've gotten the CFE changed over. Lord knows I tried, flashing back and forth all over the place (AdvancedTomato too) and making edits I shouldn't have been to the CFE (finally got my VLANs back to normal). I used the Vortex one initially but switched to deslatha's overclock one which has been great.

I did the thermal mod, but had it all taken apart and realized I didn't have any more thermal paste. I used dielectric grease, which is a poor substitute. Still, it's down to about 65-70C oc'd to 1200mhz, compared to around 100C before.

I've had good luck with this build: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37961 std (12/12/18). Stable for a week+ with no issues save one: I get a few "br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address" messages scattered in the log, which I think is probably more my fault than the firmware. Doesn't affect anything that I can tell.
jone531
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16    Post subject: JTAG utility , tool , or .cfg file for this router? Reply with quote
Is there a JTAG utility , tool , or .cfg file for this router?

I acquired one of these EA6300v1 routers that would appear to be dead, done, gone, bricked in about every way , except for one line in a serial console that says "decompressing..." , or "decompressing...Error:1"

I have a TIAO TUMPA Lite that works quite well for about everything. But ZJTAG , EJTAG and OpenOCD seem to be lacking support for this router.

Does TJTAG support this model? If so I'll gladly offer up a a donation in exchange for this file. If not, then I'll retire this thing to my parts bin for component plucking purposes as needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 97 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: