"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
baskwo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,
which CFE do you guys use?
Thanks

Cordially,
baskwo
Sponsor
cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stock here.
srwal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Managed to brick 2 routers, trying to put on DD-wrt.

Any tricks to get it back and working.

The network lights flash when I plug in a network cable, but no flashing power light.
ghoffman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
i strongly recommend the lom modified xvortex cfe if you are going to be doing a lot of testing.

all it takes is one bad flash that overwrites the devinfo partition and the router will require serial recovery from stock cfe, and then it's a major kludge if you havent backed up the devinfo data.

downside of xvortex cfe is that dd-wrt cannot be upgraded from the gui (requires ssh or telnet)
srwal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
ghoffman wrote:
i strongly recommend the lom modified xvortex cfe if you are going to be doing a lot of testing.

all it takes is one bad flash that overwrites the devinfo partition and the router will require serial recovery from stock cfe, and then it's a major kludge if you havent backed up the devinfo data.

downside of xvortex cfe is that dd-wrt cannot be upgraded from the gui (requires ssh or telnet)

I've done now of that... too late now huh?
cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
srwal wrote:

The network lights flash when I plug in a network cable, but no flashing power light.

Been there, done that. I've managed to unbrick them with 30/30/30 and a couple times with tftp. After releases 30xxx from either Kong or BS, I've never had any issue with bootloops . Currently I have 1 with Kong r30225 and BS r30284 running as expected.

The power light will not come on if it just booted up from full reset, after you logged on and applied some settings, it would come on (no light if it set to client bridge), the key is be patient, it takes sometime to have the webui show up initially.

edit to add: they're both on stock CFE
srwal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
cd2022 wrote:
srwal wrote:

Been there, done that. I've managed to unbrick them with 30/30/30 and a couple times with tftp. After releases 30xxx from either Kong or BS, I've never had any issue with bootloops . Currently I have 1 with Kong r30225 and BS r30284 running as expected.

The power light will not come on if it just booted up from full reset, after you logged on and applied some settings, it would come on (no light if it set to client bridge), the key is be patient, it takes sometime to have the webui show up initially.

I believe I've done the 30/30/30 reset, but no luck. Been trying about 2 days now/

My initial flash was the Asus rt-56u

When i pint 192.168.1.1, i get destination unreachable
cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
srwal wrote:
cd2022 wrote:
srwal wrote:

I believe I've done the 30/30/30 reset, but no luck. Been trying about 2 days now/

Have you tried to ping with the -t switch?
srwal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
cd2022 wrote:
srwal wrote:
cd2022 wrote:
srwal wrote:

Have you tried to ping with the -t switch?

Yes I have. What I want to know is if some kind o recovery is possible. I've even reinstall stock firmware.

It doesn't even broadcast SSID anymore
ghoffman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you can access the serial port, you might be able to recover.
if lan ports do not respond, you will probably have to use ifconfig to set a lan ip address. then you could load a new image over lan.
if devinfo is gone, stock firmware wont work.
there are pages and pages of detail about this earlier in this thread.
srwal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
ghoffman wrote:
if lan ports do not respond, you will probably have to use ifconfig to set a lan ip address. then you could load a new image over lan.

Kinda new to this recovery thing sicne this is the first time in 5 years i've had a brick router...so I apologize in advance for noob questions.

How do I do serial recovery? I've been reading from post 1 to see if i can get any headway with it
hongdat1106
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
butterworth wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for all your hard work and info. I studied this forum pretty well before working on my EA6400 that I picked up used for $10 (I think I got a pretty good deal). Anyway, I wanted to re-compile and update the instructions to throw DD-WRT onto the device. Feel free to review and comment; it would be nice to set up a Wiki page from this info.

Thanks again!

HI! I follow up this post by butterworth and my Router EA6400 flashed DD-WRT. And now I want to revert to Stock Linksys EA6400 firmware. How I can do? and What do I care for my Router will not brick when I flash back to Stock? Please advise me! thanks
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
srwal wrote:
ghoffman wrote:

Kinda new to this recovery thing sicne this is the first time in 5 years i've had a brick router...so I apologize in advance for noob questions.

How do I do serial recovery? I've been reading from post 1 to see if i can get any headway with it

tftp through LAN code1:flash -noheader 192.168.1.254:file.bin nflash0
tftp through LAN code1:flash: <no check> <server ipaddr>:<file> <device name>
tftp through serial code2:flash -noheader uart1:file.bin nflash0
tftp through serial code2:flash: <no check> <com port serial>:<file> <device name>
(used ters term for easier)
or you can set up what ever by CLI ENV
show eth0 info code: printenv
creating temp server env code: env set server_ipaddr 192.168.1.x
EA6300v1 or R6300v1 used BCM4706 soc BCM4706 CPU = MIPS32® 74K Core compare to EA6250 or EA6300v2 or EA6400 or EA6700 or R6300v2 or DIR 868L all use BCM4708 cpu with Advanced ARM® Cortex™-A9 Dual-Core.
srwal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
srwal wrote:
ghoffman wrote:

tftp through LAN code1:flash -noheader 192.168.1.254:file.bin nflash0
tftp through LAN code1:flash: <no check> <server ipaddr>:<file> <device name>
tftp through serial code2:flash -noheader uart1:file.bin nflash0
tftp through serial code2:flash: <no check> <com port serial>:<file> <device name>
(used ters term for easier)
or you can set up what ever by CLI ENV
show eth0 info code: printenv
creating temp server env code: env set server_ipaddr 192.168.1.x
EA6300v1 or R6300v1 used BCM4706 soc BCM4706 CPU = MIPS32® 74K Core compare to EA6250 or EA6300v2 or EA6400 or EA6700 or R6300v2 or DIR 868L all use BCM4708 cpu with Advanced ARM® Cortex™-A9 Dual-Core.

Thanks for the assist, but I'm a bit unsure of what I'm using for the commands (noob question...sorry)
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1040387#1040387
try this if it not work tell me more your router specific
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 82 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: