Weird behavior from my Asus AC-66U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rpg711
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:57    Post subject: Weird behavior from my Asus AC-66U Reply with quote
Hi.
I've recently acquired the AC-66U and have flashed it with the PRESP2 Build 21676(5/27) and have been getting some weird behaviors. Every now and then, the router will stop broadcasting, and functionally stop working for ~10 minutes, during which period there is no wan or lan connectivity. The 2.4Ghz light will be off, while the 5ghz broadcasting light is on, but obviously nothing's broadcasting.

What build is AC66U owners using these days? The suggested 20161 build had completely awful throughput and was really choppy... kinda lost, not much help from the wiki either.
Sponsor
jackykoning
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have:
Enabled JFFS2? (I have problems with jffs2)
Any wanup/startup scripts
The function "keep alive" enabled?

What i guess thats the problem is jffs is being buggy and disabling this makes it boot faster (in my case thats it)

What would happen is keep alive cant ping its target then reboots but jffs is making that a painfully long process. After 5 min it gets back online and is ready to go until the host is once again unreachable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: