Who edits or makes all the different firmwares

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
KILLERDOG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:36    Post subject: Who edits or makes all the different firmwares Reply with quote
Ok, so i come on here everyday and i read as much as i can. I try to learn but i have the brain of a small baby carrot. I got to thinking, when a new build comes out, who edits and makes them for every router. I notice that there are about 406 routers and uploads of new firmware on here. Does BS have to edit all 400 + firmwares for all these routers. If so, he needs a bloody medal....
Sponsor
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS has a company that does DD-WRT for commercial applications. I am not sure how many people he has and their level of skillset, but DD-WRT is rather incredible in the amount of routers it can support. AFAIK, BS, and some of his employees, are the only people that change the code. There used to be several other developers that would build their own version/flavor of DD-WRT; but, for one reason or another, many of them are long gone, frustrated, tired, etc and so BS is the one and only that develops new builds and adds new routers. I know I am missing key people to give credit to, and some I am intentionally not naming, but DD-WRT is BS's "baby".

BS has managed to automate a lot of the work that goes into releasing builds for each router, yet he maintains the "master" code which is universal to Broadcom, Atheros and MediaTek/RaLink.

You Should Donate if you feel this has been worthwhile.

[R9000]43698 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
There used to be several other developers that would build their own version/flavor of DD-WRT; but, for one reason or another, many of them are long gone, frustrated, tired, etc ...

And some of us don't wish to be accused of violating the GPL, so .... there ya go. I won't air out my thoughts because I don't want to be ugly.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
“Suitcase” v5: 4x (2x Intel® E5645) on Intel® S5500HV
“Suitcase” v1: 4xQuad P6pro-200 SL25A SMP Proliant 7000s
KILLERDOG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought it was just one guy. Ok, thx guys...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: