DDWRT on WA830RE v2?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
agl2002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I use ddwrt firmware on my WA830RE (v3.0-r27506 07/09/15). I've the original antennas and also a panel antenna. My problem is that my chinese phone has better signal than my repeater (both insufficient). I have tested different settings for gain and power and all my antennas.

Is it normal? Any ideas?
Thank you,

PS- updated to v3.0-r33679 std (11/04/17), same result
Sponsor
macron0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:19    Post subject: It worked thank you so much :) Reply with quote
[quote="KrypteX"]I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28647 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28647 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

Thank you so much!. This worked. So very simple. The only "problem" I had is that the wired connection was on the WAN port. I flashed it remotely via rdp (wired) but had to wait until I got home to connect to the new wifi and change the config.

I cannot believe TP-link sold this AP this way. I bought the AP for my ip cams so they would not slow down my regular wifi network. But I have had troubles with these cams all the time. So I bought different cams which support rstp. Even these had disconnects but with better client software they just resume. But one day I had the tp link management page open and after a while I got "error loading page" all the time (over the wired connection) So I opened a ping over the wired connection and got 2% packet loss!
So I thought maybe the hardware was defect. Looking for people that might have the same problem I found this page. After flashing I opened a ping all night and 0% packet loss so it is definitely not the hard ware.

Next time no TP link for me anymore.

Thanks again for making my hardware work.
lutpiero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:10    Post subject: Factory Firmware Reply with quote
I've successfully change my router to DD-WRT but it doesnt have wireless extender feature.

How do I go back to factory firmware, I've tried flashing binary download from tp-link website, but no success.

How can I flash to factory firmware.
If its impossible, is there any ddwrt firmware that able to do wireless extender.
cobra82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28647 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28647 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Note: You must be logged in to see the attached file.

Hi,
thank you, good work.
I need OpenVPN server. How I can install it?
Reedmace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 17:21    Post subject: WA830REv2 not responding after factory-to-ddwrt install Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28647 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Note: You must be logged in to see the attached file.

Hello.

My WA830RAv2 used to work successfully as an extender with a TP-Link TD-W8960N ADSL2 router (v1.5). I gave it a static IP address so I could always locate it on the network (192.168.1.100). I have recently upgraded the main router to a Linksys WRT3200ACM, which is running DD-WRT happily. However the WA839RE won't pass traffic through to it, even when connected to the correct network. So I decided to try installing DD-WRT on it instead.

I've followed all instructions, starting with hard reset, then installation of factory-to-ddwrt_28647_WA830REv2.bin, which appeared to go well. After waiting at least 5 minutes, did another hard reset. Power light comes on and ethernet connection light flashes quickly when connected to the PC, but no wireless network light illuminates. However, pointing the browser (Firefox) to 192.168.1.1 times out, and the ethernet connection on the PC side does not recognise the network (Unidentified network). There is no response to pinging 192.168.1.1 (Destination host unreachable), because the PC ethernet address assigned (automatically) is 169.254.255.255.

Reconfiguring the PC ethernet port to a static IP address on the same subnet (192.168.1.110) again allows an unidentified network connection to the extender. However 192.168.1.1 still times out on Firefox, as does 192.168.1.100. "arp -a" from the command prompt displays the WR830RA's correct MAC address alongside 192.168.1.1 (dynamic), but once again pinging it results in Request timed out.

If I then add a gateway address of 192.168.1.1 to the ethernet port static address a connection is made to a network with the same name as that which the router used to be connected to, but with no change to pinging or Firefox request.

I have tried numerous hard and soft resets, but no change - I can't access the extender. Any ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: