Linksys EA6300V1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Chazzman_bm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26    Post subject: Linksys EA6300V1 Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum but not a complete noob to DD-WRT. I used to run a Linksys WRT54G router with DD-WRT and it ran brilliantly.

I recently bought a brand new Linksys EA6300v1 router and want to run DDWRT on it but I am getting stuck at the first hurdle. Basically, when I try to flash it via TFTP2.exe using the "linksys_ea6400_ddwrt.bin" file from the link in the installation guide (from linksysinfo.org), I get an error with invalid filename.

Prior to this, I flashed the router with the newest OEM image, as per the instructions and followed the EA6400 guide in the Wiki. I am sure I haven't missed anything, as I haven't gotten that far in the process.

Has anyone had any success with this? Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chazz.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
First, return that router and get a different model. Second flash it through the GUI.
Third, search for and read the very long ea6300v1 thread.
Fourth and most important, return the router and get a different model.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1097787

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your help Malachi. Following the install guide in the wiki after was perfect. Once I was able to upload the initial DD-WRT version via the Linksys web GUI, it was straightforward getting the a "stable" version on my router. I used release r41218 based on an encouraging post on the forum.

The actual install took about 30 minutes but reading all the forums and posts took many, many hours and raised more questions than answers.

For anyone looking to install DD-WRT on an EA6300 router, follow the install guide, download the files from linksysinfo.org forum (as suggested in the install guide), follow the instructions in the linksysinfo.ork post until the end of step 7. Go back to the instructions from the DD-WRT Wiki and continue with the instructions until the end and you should have a working EA6400 on DD-WRT (as long as the firmware version works).

That said, I haven't installed the router on my network yet so we'll see how that goes in the next day or so.

Thanks again.
Chazz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: