PPTP VPN Client Configuration in Buffalo WZR-G300NH2

sominaik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24    Post subject: PPTP VPN Client Configuration in Buffalo WZR-G300NH2 Reply with quote
Hi All,

Kindly help me with this..my ISP has blocked the VoIP applications (& many other web sites/ports). Currently I am using a VPN service (Strong VPN) to route all of my traffic from the home to this VPN server (located in Europe etc) and this enables me to avoid any of the ISP's restrictions. I am using standard windows VPN client connection. I have few devices which don't support VPN & still require the ports/applications to be unblocked. Therefore I am planning to buy a router which supports VPN functionality. I have found Buffalo "WZR-G300NH2" being one of the best products for this purpose. I require the confirm from the "Gurus" here that this router will serve my purpose... Please confirm at the earliest,

regards,
Ali
Sponsor
sominaik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for your reply on the post..can you please recommend some cheap router with dd-wrt (VPN client functionality) .. Let me explain again what I want..
I have one wirless broadband router already connected at home, it has PPPoE configuration given by the ISP.. can I have another dd-wrt router connected behind this existing router and configure VPN PPTP or L2TP in it. Then at home, I will have two different access points; 1 existing and 2nd the dd-wrt (with VPN connectivity)..any device connected to the main existing router, traffic will go straight to the internet, and for the devices connected to this VPN router, all traffic will be routed through the VPN server (located in US); in this way, using VPN connectivity, i will be able to avoid the ISP restrictions. please help
larrybob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Looking for same thing. Reply with quote
eibgrad,

Perhaps you can pm me also, or post here if rules allow it.

Thanks

Larry
Also...
Can I use a router to set up my own VPN server,from my home connection, I could access from over seas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: