TP-Link WA850RE (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is your router a US model ? Where did you buy it ? Can you provide a photo of the back of the router (the label) ?
Sponsor
Aahz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Is your router a US model ? Where did you buy it ? Can you provide a photo of the back of the router (the label) ?

Here is the photo.
I am staying in Thailand now, so I bought it in local online-store "Lazada".
But, I think it's US model (as said on photo).
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm, you have WA850RE v1.26 US version.
Are you sure you tried to flash both files from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=990256#990256 ?

Luca_S
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran an nmap on the TL-WA750RE EUv2, and it appears there is an SSH shell waiting indeed!

Complete results:
TCP 22 - SSH - Dropbear sshd 2012.55 (protocol 2.0)
TCP 80 - Web Interface - TP-Link HTTPD/1.0
TCP 49152 - UPNP
UDP 53 - DNS Bind
UDP 67 - DHCPS

The SSH shell allows login using the credentials set by the web interface, unfortunately immediately after the login it closes the session with the following message:

login as: admin
admin@192.168.1.254's password:
Access denied
admin@192.168.1.254's password:
Server refused to allocate pty

(First attempt using wrong password to check that actual authentication is performed, second attempt with the right password).

Then I tried to activate Putty's option 'SSH > TTY > Don't allocate a pseudo-terminal' and got a different error:

Server refused to start a shell/command

So I tried setting the option 'SSH > Don't start a shell or a command at all' and the connection stays up, but anything I could write in the terminal window seems to have no effect.

Do you have any suggestion to establish an SSH connection?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wasn't it a wa850rev2 ?

For ssh try root instead of admin for the user.

You could also try Telnet.

Luca_S
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, sorry, it's a typo. It's a TL-WA850RE.
No Telnet apparently, and I can't authenticate with root.
Aahz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Hmmm, you have WA850RE v1.26 US version.
Are you sure you tried to flash both files from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=990256#990256 ?

I'm sorry, I think I did something wrong yesterday.
Today I flashed first file successfully.

Need to find out the repeater mode now =)
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Aahz"]
KrypteX wrote:
Need to find out the repeater mode now =)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge
Browse Downloads to Qualcomm Atheros

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
WA-850REv2 - update. I'm still trying to get to that pesky SSH connection.

I've successfully expanded the original firmware using binwalk and sasquatch, and I found the passwd shadow file with the following content:

Code:
root:$1$GTN.gpri$DlSyKvZKMR9A9Uj9e9wR3/:15502:0:99999:7:::

It seems like it's using MD5 hashing with the specified salt value. I know that MD5 collision attacks exist, but was expecting a 32bit hash. Do you have any suggestion?

EDIT: I found the decoded hash on Google and checked by reencoding, the decoded password is 'sohoadmin'. Unfortunately it's not accepted by the SSH daemon; it only accepts the user/password set by the web interface.

Last edited by Luca_S on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
open it, take a photo and post
Luca_S
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've decompiled the TP-Link Tether Android App, hoping to get a clue about the SSH connection. It seems that the SSH connection is indeed used by the Tether app, but not as a remote shell. It's just a tunnel to the internal server (called tmpServer in TP-Link-speak) that uses hard coded binary commands to set the various functions of the device, so the SSH connection is useless for us.

Seems like I'll really need to pry it open and hope for a test build. I'll try but it will be very difficult, I don't have the right tools handy and it seems like it's really well-closed.
gringosteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering if you could help

I have a WA850RE running v3.0-r28211 std (11/16/15)

I have configured it as a wireless repeater, and i am using the ethernet port to connect a network CCTV to the LAN.

The config works, i can connect over wireless, punch out to the internet and the CCTV connects well.

The issue is it is not very stable. It will connect for a few mins or seconds then die, the reconnect. I am seeing a lot of errors on the RX side. For example i rebooted it a few mins ago and see:

Received (RX)2191 OK, 189 errors
Transmitted (TX)1370 OK, no error
Signal = -55
Noise = -95
SNR 39
signal quality 49%

Any ideas how to get this stable, as of now it has too many drops to be usable. It was previously working well in the same location using default firmware, but had a habit of falling of the network randomly once every couple of days so thought I would swap to DD-WRT.

thanks in advance!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
gringosteve wrote:
I was wondering if you could help

I have a WA850RE running v3.0-r28211 std (11/16/15)

I have configured it as a wireless repeater, and i am using the ethernet port to connect a network CCTV to the LAN.

The config works, i can connect over wireless, punch out to the internet and the CCTV connects well.

The issue is it is not very stable. It will connect for a few mins or seconds then die, the reconnect. I am seeing a lot of errors on the RX side. For example i rebooted it a few mins ago and see:

Received (RX)2191 OK, 189 errors
Transmitted (TX)1370 OK, no error
Signal = -55
Noise = -95
SNR 39
signal quality 49%

Any ideas how to get this stable, as of now it has too many drops to be usable. It was previously working well in the same location using default firmware, but had a habit of falling of the network randomly once every couple of days so thought I would swap to DD-WRT.

thanks in advance!

This can be because of unstable dd-wrt firmware, i don't have a WA850RE but i own the similar WA854RE( same as yours but without RJ45 port), it's working perfectly as a repeater with no TX/RX errors, i'm on build 28647.
You can find some info about my device here
moccolo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28072 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA850RE v1 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28072 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

Note:
The 1st file is for WA850RE v1 rev1 (HWREV=1).
The 2nd file is for WA850RE v1 rev2 (HWREV=2).
Try the 1st file and if you get Error 18005, try the 2nd one.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached builds myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

hello. can somebody give me a link of those two files for flashing i was looking for them but under 28072 - TL-WA901ND v3 i have just 1 file .... i have ver1 should i flash that?
moccolo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
im an *diot.... wasnt logged in ---- didnt see the links in the post.... LOL Shocked Mr. Green Mr. Green Confused
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: