Interesting Printer Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mook33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:00    Post subject: Interesting Printer Issue Reply with quote
Before I describe the problem I am currently experiencing, let me first thank the developers of DD-WRT and the enthusiastic and knowledgeable participants of this forum. The users of the forum have been a tremendous help in solving many issues I've encountered configuring DD-WRT. Again, thanks to all.

Ok, onto my problem. I have an e3000 setup in client bridge mode w/ a static IP (192.168.1.201) using build v24-21286_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k. I have a PC and printer connected via Ethernet cable to the e3000. Everything on my home network is on the same subnet, 192.168.1.x, and the PC is operating normally. The printer, a Canon MX870, is operating in wired mode with a static IP assigned (192.168.1.230). I can print to MX870 from the PC connected to the e3000 just fine, but NO other computer on my network can see the MX870 when browsing the network.

I can browse to the MX870 home page via IP just fine from any computer. I can also ping the MX870 from any computer. I have no idea why other computers not connected to the e3000 cannot see the printer. At first I thought it might be a printer limitation, but I can see the printer just fine when using an Ethernet bridge.

Interestingly, if I reboot the e3000, I can see the printer appear for a split second after refreshing the network on a Windows 7 system. Unfortunately, although I am able to install the driver, I am not able to print from any computer other than the one connected to the e3000.

My primary router is a Linksys e4200v2 if that matters. I've browsed the forums and read every wiki I thought might apply with no success. Surely there is a DD-WRT setting I am missing?

I would appreciate any insight someone might have. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: