Fonera Serial Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
vger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 19:29    Post subject: Fonera Serial Cable Reply with quote
Hello,

Is there anyone who sells pre-made serial cables for the Fonera? I have the FON2100.

If there is not anyone who sells them, is there anyone who would be willing to make me one and ship it to me if I reimburse for the cost of the parts to make it?

Thanks.
Sponsor
vger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone?
last0ne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
this cable here work. I bought it and tested it last week. It use silab chip. http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Kyocera-KX433-KX434-K10-KX440-KX444-K9-USB-Cable-CD_W0QQitemZ310027673551QQihZ021QQcategoryZ48497QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
miscbookreader
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was pretty much like you i had one bricked fonera... and then before getting the other one i just thought that i should order a Serial2USB cable the above reply to your question has the link of the cable which you need - i have the same one...

And then you cut the cable, strip the Red, Yellow and White wires and you should be all set.

Then you use White and the Ground
Red and RX
and Yellow as TX
connect the white and red before you turn the power ON, and then th Yellow after 2-3 secs and you should be good.

Let me know if you need any thing specific... more than happy to help you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: