WR1043ND WiFi dropping out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
al52025
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocker580 wrote:
al52025 wrote:
wow glad im not the only one with these problems. wifi drops out like every 2 minutes or when im trying to download a big file. most annoying thing ever. ive tried ack timing, different channels, transmit power, went back to stock firmware then back to ddwrt, then to a brainslayer firmware and still wifi drops. went back to stock and then to gargoyle. i dont wanna jinx myself but ive been cruising the internet downloading all i can and it hasnt dropped yet.

Let us know any news Surprised

thats it im done with this router. im returning it to amazon. i put gargoyle on and it, looked promising not dropping wifi for a couple hours before bed time. got up this morning and as i was surfing it did the thing where it sits and tries to load a site but doesnt actually lose the wifi signal. the an hour later it did drop the wifi and it just did it again. can someone suggest a nice router i can get from amazon that i can throw ddwrt on it with detachable antennas with good range. im wondering if i should try an asus. ive just tried this tplink one and went back to my dlink which works good with ddwrt but doesnt have that great of range.
Sponsor
al52025
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
would you guys suggest the asus n66u? do you guys think its worth the price? it has pretty amazing reviews
Shocker580
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand why dd-wrt developer/administrator/guru don't explain us what is the problem of wifi with our router..

Why with original firmware doesn't drop and with dd-wrt it does..

Just an explanation..
springy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
So a few days back some mention increasing the senstivity range to 2500 might solve it. Today my Wifi dropped and had to power down the unit for a minute to resolve it.

Still not fixed. Oh well...

Might have to go back to stock just so that I can get reliable Wifi
springy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Getting fed up with DD-WRT dropping and going to revert back to Stock Firmware.

http://dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TP-Link/TL-WR1043N(D)/1.x/tl-wr1043nd_v1-webrevert.rar/4196

Does anyone done this before? Do I use the above and flash it?
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
springy
if you use router in a house (not long range link) you need to decrease not increase ACK. Please, try once again. Set ACK Timing to 0 or 300 and report back. This solved my wifi errors...
springy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mile-Lile wrote:
springy
if you use router in a house (not long range link) you need to decrease not increase ACK. Please, try once again. Set ACK Timing to 0 or 300 and report back. This solved my wifi errors...

I have changed it to 300. 0 if you go back a page says that it may cause issues. I will see but I doubt it will make any difference.

Could someone see the 2 post above and let me know if that is the correct way to flash it back to the default factory firmware please.

Edit: After 14 hours wifi dropped out completely, couldn't access router again had to restart...

Also I found the flash to original firmware stuff. Anyone else interested: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

At the moment this DD-WRT is too unstable and just can't hold a Wifi connection Sad
Crises
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Well, I think I resolved my problem with the Wifi.

In my case, I use Build 21061, but I probed others Builds with the same problem.

After much probe, I found that with using static IP the Wifi not work fine but if the DCHP assigning the IP, the Wifi works perfect. No fall.

I don't know if with my solution, others routers will function fine. But I think that I must share my solution.

Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.

Greetings.
pat30724
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iam using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/10/14) std - build 23320 at this point. Didn't have any problems so far!
dfpoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:12    Post subject: Security mode set to WPA2 Personal and algorithm set to AES Reply with quote
I have the similar problem on TL-WR1043ND. I am already using the latest build DD-WRT v24SP2- (03/25/13) std (SVN revision 21061).

But I don't know why, I find the following wifi security setting works for me: Security mode set to WPA2 Personal and algorithm set to AES only

reference:
http://mikebeach.org/2011/06/12/intermittent-wireless-connection-and-disconnects-with-dd-wrt-and-windows-7/

See if it works for others too.
peanuts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crises wrote:
After much probe, I found that with using static IP the Wifi not work fine but if the DCHP assigning the IP, the Wifi works perfect. No fall.

I registered just to say thanks!

I just bought (2016-04) fresh new TP-LINK tl-wr1043nd, put newest dd-wrt firmware, it works, until I configure it. However I did not realise putting static IP can break wifi, that is just crazy. But yes, it worked before I put static IP for wifi client, and it stopped after. I realise this thanks to you.

Changed to dynamic IP for my wifi radio, and it works again!

I found this thread with google, I write this solution here, so that others can find it. Weird bug. But easy workaround, dynamic IP is fine for me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: