WR1043ND WiFi dropping out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Liquidator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting to stumble upon this topic by chance. I have been experiencing the same problem for the past 3-4 days, but I haven't made any change to my current setup at all for months (running 19519). Wifi just drops, and even wired connections don't work anymore when it happens.
Protection Mode and RTS threshold were always set to none/disable respectively, now trying with the disabled short preamble.
Sponsor
cosmos321
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocker580 wrote:
I made the following mod:

THESE settings are set by default on my TL-WR1043ND with " DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/11/13) std - build 20675 " !

I have the same problems with the wifi drop. After a few minutes the wifi connection falls on 5,5 MBit/s !

Realy annoying!
luxury54
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same situation with WR1043ND v1.8 as of wifi instability issues!
I installed all the possible 3-rd party software on it, DD-WRT many versions including the last one, OpenWRT, Gargoyle, but on every each one of them WI-FI dropped suddenly after intensive download reached 4,5-5 Mb/s , sometimes even at 3-4 Mb/s;
I used it mainly as client bridge but as AP is doing the same;
I found however a solution to my problem since I realized that it is a hardware problem common to this model's many revisions and does not matter which software is running on it, it will manifest itself exactly the same way sooner or later...
I sold it !
cosmos321
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
luxury54 wrote:
[...] since I realized that it is a hardware problem common to this model's many revisions and does not matter which software is running on it, it will manifest itself exactly the same way sooner or later... [/b]

I cant't believe this, because the "WR1043ND" is a model which is sold so many times, and only a little fraction is affected by this problem. So i think it is based on "softer" factors.

So first i have changed my wireless channel, and since yesterday evening no more drop was recognized!

Maybe that was the solution for me, i hope.
luxury54
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think that wireless channel has anything to do with the frequent dropouts...
WR941ND which has very similar wireless chip, does not have these dropout issues with any software and any revisions!
you can also select any wireless channel and is rock stable even at 9-10Mb/s wireless transfer as client or AP
cosmos321
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, you're right. Same problem on channel 4 !
mm7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
cosmos321 wrote:
Shocker580 wrote:
I made the following mod:

THESE settings are set by default on my TL-WR1043ND with " DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/11/13) std - build 20675 " !

I have the same problems with the wifi drop. After a few minutes the wifi connection falls on 5,5 MBit/s !

Realy annoying!

Indeed, those settings are standard already on disabled. So that's not the issue or fix.
mm7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any ETA on a fix? Anyone?
Shocker580
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
mm7 wrote:
Indeed, those settings are standard already on disabled. So that's not the issue or fix.

I'm sorry, you are right.
This don't fix mine wifi, the only temp fix is restart wifi on router (changing one setting and apply)..

I hope someone is working to fix it..
twins333
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote
Hi. This happened to me too even with the latest builds on my 1043ND v1.8 sn 12xxxxxx .

I installed openwrt from here: ip6.ro and it seems better. It still happens, but only some times, about once a month. I can live with this, but it seems to be a hardware problem.

Don't buy tp-link wr1043ND v1.8 with serial number 12xxxxxx.

Will only give you head aches.

Cheers!
Shocker580
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
also wiki: atheros wireless

What should we read from there ?

Its is a very annoying bug..
devpie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocker580 wrote:
Sash wrote:
also wiki: atheros wireless

What should we read from there ?

Its is a very annoying bug..

same problem here. Got a 2 weeks old TL-WR1043ND v1.1, directly installed build 20675. I tried nearly every combination of the settings and yes i also read the wiki entry about atheros configuration. But the problem remains: every 1-5 minutes the wireless connection is down. I use this router as a bridge and it is running in Client Bridged mode. Currently i deactivated the wireless module and replugged my wrt-54gl with the oldest dd-wrt ever on it... and you can imagine... it just works like a charm.

I am getting crazy. I don't need any fancy QOS feature... i just need a client bridge (routed), that's all... but it does not work... so i will try the last old revision which is downloadable through the normal dd-wrt page. If this doesn't work... i will only use this router as a switch... because my old GBit switch got me only 15-25 MB/s this one gets me 70-90 MB/s

Any thoughts?

Regards
devpie
devpie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 14:01    Post subject: funny Reply with quote
hey there, i just installed r14896. ok some things are different... but it works like a charm now... maybe i just needed to reset it?
devpie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 15:47    Post subject: Re: funny Reply with quote
devpie wrote:
hey there, i just installed r14896. ok some things are different... but it works like a charm now... maybe i just needed to reset it?

ok just reinstalled r20675 again, but the former problem still exists... the wireless connector disconnects all the time... also the RX errors remain. There seems to be a correlation?

so i installed r14896 again and have a working environment with no errors for RX but 10 for TX so far... I will stay on this old version...

regards
devpie
Shocker580
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
So with r14896 no more disconnection occurs ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: