Cliente Bridge in 620 works?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
mordas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:13    Post subject: Cliente Bridge in 620 works? Reply with quote
Hi , i wondering if anyone do successfully setup in the client bridge mod in version 620? I said that because a have a version 317 and update to 620 and now i can´t setup a client bridge. Thanks. Sorry my English.
Sponsor
rt_rex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
It work two things u can try.
Reset the router or change the rooting from gateway to rip2route

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi, I has already change to rip2route, my problem is when i create a virtual interface , when i do that a can´t see the ssid anymore. With version 317 works.

rtrex -- És tuga Smile
rt_rex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mordas wrote:
hi, I has already change to rip2route, my problem is when i create a virtual interface , when i do that a can´t see the ssid anymore. With version 317 works.

rtrex -- És tuga Smile

RGR that
ya sou
Cleint bridge wtih VAP is not working for me either

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone?
rockerduck
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
if I enable a VAP while in client bridge mode ...my f*n stops responding. I have to restore my saved configuration file...
mordas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
rockerduck wrote:
if I enable a VAP while in client bridge mode ...my f*n stops responding. I have to restore my saved configuration file...

Ok many thanks for report , now we have 3 users with the same problem so i think the problem is this version of firmware.I hope brainslayer release a new version soon with this problem solved.
Willi72
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
mordas wrote:
Hi , i wondering if anyone do successfully setup in the client bridge mod in version 620? I said that because a have a version 317 and update to 620 and now i can´t setup a client bridge.

mordas wrote:

Ok many thanks for report , now we have 3 users with the same problem so i think the problem is this version of firmware.I hope brainslayer release a new version soon with this problem solved.

Sorry, but I can't confirm your problem. I am using the La Fonera DD-WRT 0620. Mode: Client Bridge + VAP. I know many other problems with that FW and this configuration, but my Client-Bridge with VAP works very well! Connection to this VAP in the same subnet (e.g. with a second Fonera) can be established. I feel that the DHCP is not working in this configuration, but others argue it works.

So I don't think that this is a bug.

Try the following:
Reset to factory-defaults and configure a second time. Do not use old configurations, I had many problems with this.

Bye...
Willi72
Courela
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:42    Post subject: Client Bridge + VAP Reply with quote
One more here. The last firmware version that i tried and worked with Client Bridge and VAP was 31/03. Since the signal problems only began in later versions i'm still using that firmware.

The problem is that i can't see the VAP wireless network, although it's created in the Wireless Tab

PS: Mais um tuga Smile
Willi72
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34    Post subject: Re: Client Bridge + VAP Reply with quote
Courela wrote:
One more here. The last firmware version that i tried and worked with Client Bridge and VAP was 31/03. Since the signal problems only began in later versions i'm still using that firmware.

I am confused, because I thought that in 0331 ClientBridge was not working? Do you mean ClientMode (not Client Bridge)?
mordas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Willi72 wrote:
mordas wrote:
Hi , i wondering if anyone do successfully setup in the client bridge mod in version 620? I said that because a have a version 317 and update to 620 and now i can´t setup a client bridge.

mordas wrote:

Sorry, but I can't confirm your problem. I am using the La Fonera DD-WRT 0620. Mode: Client Bridge + VAP. I know many other problems with that FW and this configuration, but my Client-Bridge with VAP works very well! Connection to this VAP in the same subnet (e.g. with a second Fonera) can be established. I feel that the DHCP is not working in this configuration, but others argue it works.

So I don't think that this is a bug.

Try the following:
Reset to factory-defaults and configure a second time. Do not use old configurations, I had many problems with this.

Bye...
Willi72

It is possible work you but you use 2 f*n 1 in ap mode and the second in Client-Bridge but you test with the diferent router ?
rockerduck
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only different thing in my config is that I always maintain old configuration while upgrading fw.
When I' will have some spare time will try to reset to fac defaults and reconfig all settings...
Willi72
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
mordas wrote:
[...]
It is possible work you but you use 2 f*n 1 in ap mode and the second in Client-Bridge but you test with the diferent router ?

No, my router is not a Fonera and not DD-WRT FW. Here is my working config:

[MAIN AP (AVM FritzBox)] <- [Client-Bridge FONERA VAP] <- [Client FONERA VAP] <- [Notebook]

Bye,
Willi72
mordas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Willi72 wrote:
mordas wrote:
[...]

No, my router is not a Fonera and not DD-WRT FW. Here is my working config:

[MAIN AP (AVM FritzBox)] <- [Client-Bridge FONERA VAP] <- [Client FONERA VAP] <- [Notebook]

Bye,
Willi72

Hum, so in that case i don´t know whats happening, i try everything and don´t works inclusive i test older firmware and it works fine.
P.s: When i configure VAP ssdi disappears and only connect to f*n via Ethernet cable,and when i go to status router is connected to f*n but no vap .
Courela
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 14:59    Post subject: Re: Client Bridge + VAP Reply with quote
Willi72 wrote:
Courela wrote:

I am confused, because I thought that in 0331 ClientBridge was not working? Do you mean ClientMode (not Client Bridge)?

No, i really mean 0331. Client Bidge is working since 0323, as posted in wiki.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: