Access Restrictions do not work....WRT54GV8...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ealbers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57    Post subject: Access Restrictions do not work....WRT54GV8... Reply with quote
I cannot get access restrictions to work.

I'm using verstion: Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) micro

On a Linksys WRT54G V8 hardware

Everything seems to work great, other than access restrictions.

I create a single restriction, with ALL days, and ALL hours, enter the mac address of my laptop, and I can still get to the internet (am posting with restriciton on and in place right now).

Details:
Its Policy 2, status:enabled, set to DENY, my mac address is correct, (I quadruple checked)
Time is set to 24hours
Thats it, very simple,
Anyone have any suggestions???

FYI all parts of the router seem to be working well, I can see traffic stats etc.

I've rebooted/power cycled etc, still nothing, policy is there, just no effect.
Sponsor
Dougz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the MAC address of the laptop you are connecting with the same as the one you are trying to block?

I know this is like asking you if your equipment is plugged in, but if your laptop has both wireless and wired adapters, then there are two MAC address.
You didn't say whether you verified that you can see the MAC address of the device you are connecting with (in the DD-WRT GUI) and it is the same address that you are trying to block.

Navigation

Jump to: