Can't get IP Address From WHR G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Hobbes24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 20:35    Post subject: Can't get IP Address From WHR G300N Reply with quote
Hello! I bought a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N Airstation about a month ago. I have been using a DD-WRT flashed Asus WL-520GU. It is working with no problem.

When I connect my main machine to the buffalo router it cannot get an IP address from the DHCP server. If I plug other machines, a laptop, a macbook, even my fiancee's machine, they connect and get a IP address without a problem.

If I run virtual PC on the problem machine and it can get a IP address from the router.

If I reboot into Safe mode with networking, it will NOT get a IP address from the router.

I'm using a Asus P6T motherboard with two Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controllers with Driver Version 11.10.5.3. Neither port works with the router.

Now bear in mind that I can access the Asus router just fine. Is this an issue with the router and my motherboard network cards? I've never had this issue come up before and I'm unsure what can be the problem.

I am running Buffalo's DD-WRT flavor flashed with DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (6/3/12) std - Build 19154.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st

wiki: client mode

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 20:53    Post subject: Requested Title Reply with quote
Thank you for your response to my question.

I have updated the router with the latest version of DD-WRT from the Buffalo support page. Are you saying I need to flash it with the version from the DD-WRT website?

I don't really want to run the router in client mode, as the whole purpose of this was to eliminate the Asus router in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: