WRT300N v1.1: Wired Switch Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Gaudi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 14:39    Post subject: WRT300N v1.1: Wired Switch Not Working Reply with quote
I have recently got a WRT300N v1.1.
The problem I am facing is that the wired switch appears to be broken. I can connect to it via WiFi, and enter the administration page, but cannot access the unit using the built in switch. If I plug a computer into it, the corresponding front light blinks a couple of seconds, and then stays on. Same happens to the WAN port.

I have checked that DHCP is enabled, but the computer is not assigned an IP. If I configure the computer with a static one, I cannot connect either to the router.

If I reboot the router with the computer assigned a static IP and constantly pinging it, the router does not respond to any ping at anytime on its wired switch.

If I connect the router to WAN, as I mentioned before, the Internet light blinks and then remains steady. Accessing the Admin page over WiFi show the WAN address as 0.0.0.0, and no matter how many times I try to renew, it remains this way.

I have tried the stock firmware, and the Mega 14929 k2.6 version.
I have done several 30/30/30 resets to no avail. I have also issued the nvram erase command.

My guess is that the switch is fried, but the fact that the port lights blink confuses me.

Is there any command I can issue via SSH to confirm a hardware problem?
Any other suggestion?

Thank you very much.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should not use k26 on that router. If you did, try flashing stock linksys firmware back on and retest.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Gaudi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
You should not use k26 on that router. If you did, try flashing stock linksys firmware back on and retest.

This is quite strange, I have a identical unit runing k2.6 with no problems at all.
Anyway, I followed your advice, flashed the original firmware but the same problem persist.

I am afraid it is a hardware problem. Is there anything I can do to confirm?

Thanks
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
k26 might work but it usually won't work as well as k24 on a k24 supported router.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: