What am i doing wrong ?

eoc2611p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 18:23    Post subject: What am i doing wrong ? Reply with quote
I am following this guide here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44681&highlight=jtag but i get stuck with an error message, as you can see from the screenshot,i did try to use different firmwares's images, but i still had the same problem for all of them, any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
| is a invalid flag!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much Sash! I can't really say enough words to you to show you my thankfulness..... Funnily enough, no one (as yet) replied with a simple "yes you are right", these are the kind of help that we newbies likes to read, because obviosly we are not able to read the error messages by ourselfs and we need not less than an administrator to write exactly the same thing, to think that not everyone can understand all technical languages of these world it's something that apparently goes beyond the capabilities of someone. I am wondering why just do not close the forum and redirect all visitors to Google, it will take even less efforts than the current choice, thank you for answering anyways....
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
its the magic of reading....

never thought of that u used the wrong letter?! for sure its not the pipe |

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok i have been able to step further by using the letter "el" (L in lower case) instead of the symbol "|" , this happened because on my keyboard l & | are clearly different, but in the tutorial they are identical, so, to replicate the same style i had to press | instead of l but that was wrong....(Just looking at the preview of this text, once published it will not look the same, while i am writing now i can visualize the letters on a different way then when they are published, note added for clarity)
I am now facing some new problems, as the tutorial talks about a "linux.bin" but as you can see from the picture, i haven't got that, from where do i suppose to get it from??? I did try to use instead various img/bin files, even renamed they would not work.
The Tftpd32 program also, doesn't show any peers on tha window, but on the tutorial i can see the small DOS's window showing a connection to a peer,if that it's a problem, how would i rectify it?
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: