D-Link DRP-1260

kronflux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31    Post subject: D-Link DRP-1260 Reply with quote
hey everyone, I've got a DPR-1260 here, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any possibility of hacking this device. custom firmware, something along those lines. even a link to a forum where people may be more suited to help me out, would be appreciated.
I'd love if this device could be used somehow as a storage server, like a NAS. using the USB ports for flash disks, external hard disks, etc. or even a webcam server!
anything at all that I can do with this device would be great. I just have absolutely no use for a wireless print server, and I don't want this thing to go to waste!
I can pop it open and provide whatever information is needed, possibly look up datasheets, whatever else. all I know -currently- is that it has a mini-pci wireless card inside, its a WMP-G07. the main board says "1WUPG01...A2G" it's got a ubicom chip(not sure what specifically, but I could find out) has a realtek chip for ethernet, and a Genesys Logic chip for the USB. it has a 10 lead area on the board where I imagine some form of a connector with pins, I can't remember what its called, but its whats on a motherboard where you'd connect your usb ports and whatnot from your case. it's marked "JP1"(tjtag maybe? serial com port? I dunno).
it also has another area which I assume would be a place to solder on a connector such as that for a fan or a battery or something.
anyway, if anyone can provide any info, or wants more info about it, lemme know! I appreciate any responses!
Sponsor
kronflux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
alrighty heres aditional info, or rather, whats written on the majority of the chips on the board

---------
Ubicom
IP3020 / BG228 - 250U-PS
10DH0621AA
---------

---------
Realtek
RTL8201CP
64117T5
L619D TAIWAN
---------

---------
Genesys Logic
GL850A
MS1CB03G03
621B50592
---------

---------
SPANSION
S29AL016M90TF102
0526MQM K
---------

---------
Fairchild
PG3SB
USB
1T20
---------

---------
WP1410ES
SC894619
WPS614
---------

those are all I can make out. dunno how much any of that helps, but hey. maybe it will be useful to someone somehow someday Razz
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
read:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, hopefully this is more "up to snuff" for this board.
I have the same device. In addition to the info above, from what I can tell the wireless chip (the dlink wmp-g07) is based on the following:

Chipset: Atheros AR5005GS
Chip 1: Atheros AR2414

Sash, do you know of any dd-wrt builds I could try to load into this system?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
kronflux wrote:

---------
Ubicom
IP3020 / BG228 - 250U-PS
10DH0621AA
---------

It took me 3 hours to find this, so I thought I'd make this post just so other noobs and members don't have to waste their time like I just did.

This device will never be compatible (unfortunately) because Ubicom processor chips are in no way compatible with Linux and therefore dd-wrt.

That is all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: