Linksys e2000 not working with PC but other devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
smackinisaiah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 0:25    Post subject: Linksys e2000 not working with PC but other devices Reply with quote
Hello,
I am currently running a linksys e2000 with dd-wrt v24 15508 NEWD2 k2.6 std usb nas and am having some troubles configuring my PC. I'm setting it up to run as a client bridge, and it has so far worked wired into my HP mini netbook and my blu-ray player. However, when it connects to my PC, it receives no internet. I followed both the guide to Client Bridge, as well as the additional info in the Peacock Thread to the T. The only difference between the PC and the other devices, that is visible, is that the PC emits a green light, which should only mean that it has gigabit speeds, opposed to the 10/100 of the others. This makes me wonder if the gigabit adapter needs some sort of configuration to simply connect, as plug and play hasn't worked. I've been reading whatever I can seek out and haven't come across a solution. If one can be pointed to, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsor
smackinisaiah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
My situation:
I live in a house that supplies 4 separate apartments. We all share internet that is controlled by another tenant. ISP is AT&T Uverse on a supplied 2wire gateway. I live in an upstairs apartment and have my linksys e2000 connected to a blu-ray player that connects just fine. My HP netbook also connects just fine. However, when I plug my desktop in, it never connects, even after power cycles and hard resetting it at least 4 times and reconfiguring over and over.

As explained previously, my desktop has onboard gigabit ethernet. When it's connected, it emits a green light on the router, but when my blu-ray or HP netbook are connected, a blue light is emitted. I'm using the same cable and same port to troubleshoot all of these. I've also tried other ports in the process, to no avail. It's been explained to me that blue light represents 10/100 and green is gigabit. If someone can please help point me in the right direction to a better understanding of my issue, it will not be taken for granted. Thank you.

Both computers are running Windows 7.
HP: Win 7 Starter // PC: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
A gigabit connection does need speed autonegotiation, but this is standard stuff and it should be set in any network adapter by default.

I have a gigabit connection between my E3000 and my computer, it has a green light. In certain cases, enabling Filter WAN NAT Redirection makes DNSMasq fail to do DHCP, so in this case you cannot get an IP from the router. This usually happens with Linux and Mac OS.

Also, if you have more than one authoritative DHCP server, this produces trouble.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: