TL-WR841N(D) v8 - Worldwide version - Fundraiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
C4rpe3Di3m
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 14:21    Post subject: WR841N V8.4 successfully flashed Reply with quote
Everthing works great. I need only wifi and wifi works great.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std
Sponsor
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Questions to brainslayer

1.Is it always possible to bad flash recovery with serial interface after dd-wrt brick or somehow I can permanently delete the bootloader ?

2.Does dd-wrt change somehow ART partition or it is read only ?

3.Which is the mosta stable build with client mode for 841N v8.4 ?

I flashed the lastest but client mode do not work and the web interface is unstable

Thanks for your time !
JoseDKZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I have HW version v8.2 and urge him one of the first versions of DDWRT for version 8, I have seen new versions that have come out since.

How do you upgrade? I have to re-put the firmware of TP-LINK or from the DDWRT I can update it?

Anyway what file I need to leave it as it came from factory with firmware of TP-LINK?
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
JoseDKZ wrote:
Hello, I have HW version v8.2 and urge him one of the first versions of DDWRT for version 8, I have seen new versions that have come out since.

How do you upgrade? I have to re-put the firmware of TP-LINK or from the DDWRT I can update it?

Anyway what file I need to leave it as it came from factory with firmware of TP-LINK?

Go to router database and download and update using WEBFLASH no factory-to-ddwrt. You do not need to re-put tp-link firmware
JoseDKZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
JoseDKZ wrote:

Go to router database and download and update using WEBFLASH no factory-to-ddwrt. You do not need to re-put tp-link firmware

Thank for your help.

If you'd like to return the factory with the TP-Link firmware. where I find the necessary file?
And what are the steps to leave factory? something like a factory-to-ddwrt:-D

Thanks
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I do not understand.

If you want to update version of dd-wrt use new WEBFLASH version from database

If you want to update for first time from factory to dd-wrt use factory-to-ddwrt files from database.

If you want to flash back to stock firmware from dd-wrt WEB interface (192.168.1.1)go to update and flash this file

Why do you want to return/flash new version ?
Which dd-wrt version do you use ?
Any bugs for this version ?

Wink
JoseDKZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
Sorry I do not understand.

If you want to update version of dd-wrt use new WEBFLASH version from database

If you want to update for first time from factory to dd-wrt use factory-to-ddwrt files from database.

If you want to flash back to stock firmware from dd-wrt WEB interface (192.168.1.1)go to update and flash this file

Why do you want to return/flash new version ?
Which dd-wrt version do you use ?
Any bugs for this version ?

Wink

You have solved all my doubts, sorry for my English, I'm using a translator.

Currently i have DDWRT installed, do not know exactly which version but it was the first for v8, or even when there was to V8, I think I got the last of v7.

I have seen that there is a recent version of V8 (not so good) but more than that I have, I did not know how to update (yes now, thanks to your help)

Also wanted to know, and asking again as Stock and has also solved my doubt.

I think the problem I have is that it does not work Wi-Fi N, all connections are made in 54mb, ie in wireless B, and I think I have to update to fix this problem. Can it be?

Thank you again.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
on my 8.4 I will install http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F

You can try the lastest dd-wrt firmware it has 300mbps
JoseDKZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
on my 8.4 I will install http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F

You can try the lastest dd-wrt firmware it has 300mbps

You can add a screenshot of the status connections look?

Thanks
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes of course. I installed this dd-wrt build 2 hours ago and I am very happy. Stable for now client mode and seems to be very good. I sprayed my computer names and mac addresses.

As I previous said: In the lastest build client mode does not working at all. If you want to use it as client use build 23598 !

If you have any questions just ask Very Happy
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some bugs expected r23598:

1. When use client bridge (routed) and change mac address in WEB page it is not changed but it works with new mac in main AP.

2. When I rebooted the router the last two symbols from LAN mac address are changed when use mac clone option but do not change Wireless mac address, only WAN

3. When change the LAN ip address the computer does not take new address so I need to unplug and then plug Lan cable.

4.When use N-only in AP mode none of my devices can not connect to the router. NG works good.

5. When created dd-wrt_vap and then remove it in WEB interface system info-wireless shows "Unknown"

6.When I use is as client and create dd-wrt_vap(using vap in wep security I can not connect wirelessly)

7. For Bulgaria country there are not 12 and 13 channels available.

Questions:

1. I do not if that is a problem but for channels different that 6 the TX power is 18dbm

2. Is it safe to use 21 dbm ?

The wifi switch does not work but this is not a problem for me.

! Very stable client and client bridge mode !

Thanks developres for their job! I wrote this post to help better support for this router. Very Happy

Any one try the lastest build r24118
for this router v8.4 ?
atroxmorts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!
No more 18 dBm for other channels.
I use router without any special settings. Only pppoe user password and wireless settings. (wide 40 Mhz/wpa2 personal/aes)
Wireless speed more stable and faster vs 23919 with dlink dwa-125. 1-2 MB/sec difference
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for response.

Please test client mode/ client bridge if possible.

With my build I was able to get max 9.1mbps download speed with 150mpbs adapter Very Happy

Glad it worked for you ! Very Happy
atroxmorts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: lags and pixels on IPTV HD Channels on both wired and wireless connections. Reverted to 23919 build.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
bad news about new update Confused
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: