TL-WR841N(D) v8 - Worldwide version - Fundraiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Stupifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 15:57    Post subject: Re: TL-WR841N V8.3 Reply with quote
GerMonium wrote:
GerMonium wrote:
tsimitsangaz wrote:
http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/tplink_tl-wr841ndv8/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Can someone answer if this is the correct version for 841N V8 please? Thanks everione!

Someone? plz i need know if works in V 8.0 Thanks!

This thread is not very active...but I will tell you what you need to do to get your answer.

Read the ENTIRE thread. I know for a fact you did not. I am not trying to be mean but when threads like these are not active, this is what you have to do to find your answer. I've kept up with this thread but do not remember all the details. I do know your answer lies somewhere in this thread though. So take an hour or so and read the whole thread.
Sponsor
ddyabe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 18:11    Post subject: Help me please Reply with quote
Ok, I made a huge mistake. I am new to all of this and wanted my first ever DD-WRT router. I bought the WR841N V8 and installed the factory to DD-WRT file listed on page 14 of this post via the TPlink web interface at 192.168.0.1. It said it had installed successfully and the router rebooted. After the reboot I cannot access the internet and I cannot access anything at 192.168.0.1 but the network and sharing centre does say I am connected to a network but no internet access. Can anyone please help me please Smile

Thank you
GerMonium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 19:46    Post subject: Re: TL-WR841N V8.3 Reply with quote
Stupifier wrote:
GerMonium wrote:
GerMonium wrote:
tsimitsangaz wrote:
http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/tplink_tl-wr841ndv8/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Can someone answer if this is the correct version for 841N V8 please? Thanks everione!

Someone? plz i need know if works in V 8.0 Thanks!

This thread is not very active...but I will tell you what you need to do to get your answer.

Read the ENTIRE thread. I know for a fact you did not. I am not trying to be mean but when threads like these are not active, this is what you have to do to find your answer. I've kept up with this thread but do not remember all the details. I do know your answer lies somewhere in this thread though. So take an hour or so and read the whole thread.

Thanks dude! its works!
rizel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:13    Post subject: Re: Help me please Reply with quote
ddyabe wrote:
Ok, I made a huge mistake. I am new to all of this and wanted my first ever DD-WRT router. I bought the WR841N V8 and installed the factory to DD-WRT file listed on page 14 of this post via the TPlink web interface at 192.168.0.1. It said it had installed successfully and the router rebooted. After the reboot I cannot access the internet and I cannot access anything at 192.168.0.1 but the network and sharing centre does say I am connected to a network but no internet access. Can anyone please help me please Smile

Thank you

the default dd-wrt router access is :

http://192.168.1.1/
xbox180
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey guys,
somebody said that openvpn isnt avaliable on TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8 because there ist only 4mb of space. but on my status page dd-wrt says there ist 32mb space (11mb free).

so can i install openvpn?

thanks for your help!
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
xbox180 wrote:
hey guys,
somebody said that openvpn isnt avaliable on TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8 because there ist only 4mb of space. but on my status page dd-wrt says there ist 32mb space (11mb free).

so can i install openvpn?

thanks for your help!

That is 32MB of RAM not flash, flash is 4MB and that is not enough storage for such a big module as OpenVPN.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 21:15    Post subject: Tx low Reply with quote
Hi folks, i've installed the latest dd-wrt firmware to my v8 and it works fine but with one exception... my tx conection is limited to 134mb (where it should be 300mbs). With this i only get 14mbs download from a 30mbs internet provider connection! That's bad... i aknolewdge that the connection only stablishes with a G wireless mode, so perhaps that's the factor of the limitation. I've tried by all mens to establish a N mode connection, but it do not connects to the internet. Anyone has a extra info to clarifie this and solve it? That's a trouble, because now a can´t turn back to the tp-link factory default...

Apreciate any help as possible. Thanks to all.
dhruv52004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 13:33    Post subject: Upgrading Reply with quote
So I went through the thread , and couldn't find an answer.
I'm on DD-wrt For a long time time now.
Router config:-
WR841ND v8.3
Current dd-wrt version : build 21269

And i noticed the latest version works on 8.1 and 8.4 [as confirmed by others in this thread].
So should i upgrade ? If so then how ? Just flash or any other steps ? And has anyone successfully able to make it work on v8.3 ?
Stupifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 13:42    Post subject: Re: Upgrading Reply with quote
dhruv52004 wrote:
So I went through the thread , and couldn't find an answer.
I'm on DD-wrt For a long time time now.
Router config:-
WR841ND v8.3
Current dd-wrt version : build 21269

And i noticed the latest version works on 8.1 and 8.4 [as confirmed by others in this thread].
So should i upgrade ? If so then how ? Just flash or any other steps ? And has anyone successfully able to make it work on v8.3 ?

I'm in the same boat. I'm not even going to mess with it. I have DD-wrt working on the router currently....and don't want to mess it up. I'm not touching it. Don't care if there is a possibility to upgrade version. I doubt the upgrade is that dramatic anyway.
dhruv52004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 15:06    Post subject: Re: Upgrading Reply with quote
Stupifier wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I'm not even going to mess with it. I have DD-wrt working on the router currently....and don't want to mess it up. I'm not touching it. Don't care if there is a possibility to upgrade version. I doubt the upgrade is that dramatic anyway.

Agreed,but i wouldn't mind going to a better version !Well one thing i have particularly noticed going wrong in this version is the Tx Power option.It is 20db by default, but when i set it to anything but 20 and apply, the status shows 18. Shocked
rizel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 22:05    Post subject: Re: Upgrading Reply with quote
dhruv52004 wrote:
Stupifier wrote:

Agreed,but i wouldn't mind going to a better version !Well one thing i have particularly noticed going wrong in this version is the Tx Power option.It is 20db by default, but when i set it to anything but 20 and apply, the status shows 18. Shocked

move to channel 6 and after that you will see 21db on tx power
dhruv52004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 19:02    Post subject: Re: Upgrading Reply with quote
rizel wrote:

Well, that worked.Nows no need to upgrade.Just out of curiosity what is the max Tx power this router would be able to handle, since I live in a 3 storey house.Thanks Very Happy
rizel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 21:47    Post subject: Re: Upgrading Reply with quote
dhruv52004 wrote:
rizel wrote:

Well, that worked.Nows no need to upgrade.Just out of curiosity what is the max Tx power this router would be able to handle, since I live in a 3 storey house.Thanks Very Happy

21db is max power,but don't worry ...you will have good wireless signal even if you stay on 3 storey house..
Xeroxxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,
I think I bricked my WR841N v8

I successfully flashed OpenWRT but want go over to DD-WRT and did the following.

wget http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/tplink_tl-wr841ndv8/tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin -O /tmp/firmware.trx

mtd -r write /tmp/firmware.trx firmware

Now the only thing that happens is the power led is green. Any chances to unbrick the device?
JumpingNinja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17    Post subject: Wifi stability? Reply with quote
umm after upgrading the router to ddwrt the signal is low and unstable...

suddenly disconnects and stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: