Problem communicating to the DD-WRT WAN IP from intranet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
marioja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 21:39    Post subject: Problem communicating to the DD-WRT WAN IP from intranet Reply with quote
I installed SVN 15962 of the Broadcom V24-preSP2 firmware on my WRT300N Linksys router. I have found the following problem:

I have a number of forwarding rules but one specifically states that any connection on port 80 on the internet must be redirected to an internal IP (10.0.0.x) on port 80. Any HTTP traffic initiated on the internet to my public internet IP address gets redirected to internal IP 10.0.0.x port 80 and the HTTP traffic flows properly.

If I try to issue the same (or any other) HTTP request to my public internet IP address from within the internal network (intranet) then nothing happens. I have sniffed the network and noticed that there is no response to the TCP SYN connection request.

Please note that my DD-WRT router is configured with a static IP address on the WAN side. Also note that any traffic to internet IP addresses other than the WAN IP address of the DD-WRT router initiated from my intranet flows properly.

I looked at the iptables rules generated by the web interface NAT-QOS forwarding rules and I cannot see any problems. However, I am not the expert. I was trying to see if I could put tracing in the iptables rules but since there is no help or error message from the DD-WRT iptables command, it is very difficult to work out the issues. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
the ever pervasive port forwarding/NAT Loopback bug strikes again?
Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: