TP-Link WDR4300 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 19:14    Post subject: Re: 1 GB wired speeds Reply with quote
giant25 wrote:
Has anyone been successful in connecting a wired PC at 1 Gbps? My NIC only connects at 100 Mbps when connected to the 4300 running DD-WRT. I don't have another gig switch or I would try that. Thanks.

Yes Smile
Sponsor
giant25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 0:15    Post subject: Re: 1 GB wired speeds Reply with quote
alk630 wrote:
giant25 wrote:
Has anyone been successful in connecting a wired PC at 1 Gbps? My NIC only connects at 100 Mbps when connected to the 4300 running DD-WRT. I don't have another gig switch or I would try that. Thanks.

Yes Smile

Thanks for the response. Turned out to be a bad Cat 6 cable, my first bad cable from monoprice. All good at 1 Gbps now, waiting for the next build to help wifi.
coalfield
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone know of any progress on updates for this FW?
arcanum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:38    Post subject: Revert File progress Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and DD WRT though I've been wanting to try it every since I heard about it last year.

Does anyone know if anyone is working on a functional revert file for this router?

I bought one a few days ago based on the (partially incorrect) assertion found around the net that it could run DD-WRT. I'd love to give it a go because the stock firmware is lacking the features I bought it for (guest network and proper qos) but I can't risk a one way trip to firmwares unknown.
alk630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56    Post subject: Re: Revert File progress Reply with quote
arcanum wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and DD WRT though I've been wanting to try it every since I heard about it last year.

Does anyone know if anyone is working on a functional revert file for this router?

I bought one a few days ago based on the (partially incorrect) assertion found around the net that it could run DD-WRT. I'd love to give it a go because the stock firmware is lacking the features I bought it for (guest network and proper qos) but I can't risk a one way trip to firmwares unknown.

The current revert file apparently will work, BUT not until the next version of DD-WRT has been released, which will contain a fix to make the revert file work properly. Please don't ask when the next version will be released Smile
e1e7en
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46    Post subject: WDR4300 & Huawei 3G modems Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if I'm wrong please give a holler Smile

I've flashed build 19666 and I've couldn't get 2 Huawei modems to work - E367 & E372.

Could I post the dmesg and "cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices" of the 2 modems here to get some assistance? Please advise

Thanks
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:16    Post subject: Re: WDR4300 & Huawei 3G modems Reply with quote
e1e7en wrote:

Could I post the dmesg and "cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices" of the 2 modems here to get some assistance? Please advise

Start a new thread and I will try to help you there, it won't be of interest for most other WDR4300 users in this thread.
Include the devices file for both sticks in the new thread.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16    Post subject: Re: WDR4300 & Huawei 3G modems Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
e1e7en wrote:

Start a new thread and I will try to help you there, it won't be of interest for most other WDR4300 users in this thread.
Include the devices file for both sticks in the new thread.

Done.
For anyone that is interested to follow up this issue, http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162502
FabianB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi @ all,

sorry, this question might be anoying to you, but: Where can I find the fiting release for TP-Link WDR-4300?
I searched all the folders in the router-database, i can't find release 19666 or newer.

Could you give me a hint or a link?

Thank you very much.
FabianB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I#m still searching. Please give me a hint where you downloaded the 19666 binary file for the flash via webfrontend.
And yes, I googled to my death. Don't know why not finding it.
FabianB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be nice if you could gibe me the direct link to the 19666 build for atheros or the direct link to the 20041 build for atheros.

Or, if there ist a .bin file: Could you pls tell me, then i could stop searching for.

if i have to compile it on my own: no problem, give me one link as a hint, pls.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
FabianB wrote:
It would be nice if you could gibe me the direct link to the 19666 build for atheros or the direct link to the 20041 build for atheros.

Or, if there ist a .bin file: Could you pls tell me, then i could stop searching for.

if i have to compile it on my own: no problem, give me one link as a hint, pls.

You won't find 20041, its not been compiled and released, and you can't compile atheros dd-wrt builds on your own because it uses a proprietary wireless driver (dd-wrt ath9k). You'll have to wait patiently for the next beta to be released and uploaded to the dd-wrt file server.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
FabianB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you. Its nice to have this information now. I found an older build and it works. I spend my whole day, but now everything works fine.

Thank you very much.
ShinCTL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you post the link for that "old" release?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShinCTL wrote:
can you post the link for that "old" release?

On this page, i believe next to last post:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156445&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: