Router will not register new IP addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bwinarch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 18:19    Post subject: Router will not register new IP addresses Reply with quote
I have a Linksys WRT54G rev 5.0 router running DD-WRT. For the past year or so, it has been bulletproof. Upon my return home from a recent vacation, I began having connectivity issues despite there having been not changes to my hardware configuration. I power cycled the router and was able to connect my devices. However, after a period of unknown time, the router refused to allow new devices to connect (i.e., it failed to provide new IP addresses). Meanwhile, the connected devices remained running flawlessly. I then tried a cold reset. When attempting to diagnose the problem, I have also noted that immediately following a reset, I can talk to the router through its direct IP, however, once the router begins refusing to allow new connections, it also fails to allow me to login to the diagnostics / settings through its own IP. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a novice when dealing with networking. Does this sound like a firmware / DD-WRT issue, or perhaps is my hardware starting to go bad? Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54889

BEFORE posting...

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
bwinarch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 19:23    Post subject: Added Info Reply with quote
Linksys WRT54G rev 5.0

I can't access the DD-WRT "supported router" online database (it is not allowing me to click on anything or press enter to input my information), but I believe I am running:

dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro.bin

I've previously read the peacock thread (though admittedly, when I skimmed it again today, I failed to read the BRIGHT RED note to include the above info).

Again, I HAD DD-WRT up and running just fine - for MONTHS. Then I had this hiccup. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: