List & Rate your anonymous VPN services!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
jamaroney
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 09 Nov 2014
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
FrootVPN

Free, fast, and trouble-free.
Sponsor
siickboii
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Nov 2014
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Service name: ExpressVPN
Rated Internet speed: N/A
Speed: N/A
Reliability: N/A
Stability: N/A
Price: N/A
There service works well with ddwrt routers and if you just need to run it thru your computer they have a nice little windows app.


Last edited by siickboii on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:21; edited 1 time in total
siickboii
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Nov 2014
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Service name: Torguard
Rated Internet speed: N/A
Speed: N/A
Reliability: 5
Stability: 5
Price: N/A
Only problem with these folks are their Customer Service is terrible.
B3hdad
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Dec 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Service name: Torguard
Rated Internet speed: 18Mbs(With VPN 9 Mbs)
Speed: 3
Reliability: 5
Stability: 5
Price: 36$ for 6 months

I found their customer support very reliable. They normally reply to my tickets within mins only sometimes if I set the priority at low, the reply takes couple of hours.

I assume the slow speed could be because of the encryption method AES256 or maybe my router which is a D-Link Dir-825.
siickboii
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Nov 2014
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
B3hdad wrote:
Service name: Torguard
Rated Internet speed: 18Mbs(With VPN 9 Mbs)
Speed: 3
Reliability: 5
Stability: 5
Price: 36$ for 6 months

I found their customer support very reliable. They normally reply to my tickets within mins only sometimes if I set the priority at low, the reply takes couple of hours.

I assume the slow speed could be because of the encryption method AES256 or maybe my router which is a D-Link Dir-825.



They have this cool little torrent file that you can download and then copy paste it in a torrent download program. What it does is check your ip address so you know forsure ure vpn is working thru torrent program. Ive used this file for years now and wouldn't download without it now....
Duduz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jul 2015
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that before choosing a specific VPN service we need to know how to pick the good VPN service that suitable for us on right basis

http://www.vpnfaqs.com/2015/04/choose-right-vpn-provider/
aya1994
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Jul 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 13:07    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote
I use waselpro http://www.bestvpnfor.net/reviews/waselpro/#sthash.NItdSGEi.dpbs and below are most of the features
- Easy and fast installation. One click is all it takes to download the application.
- Reliable and trusted! WASEL Pro is ideal for personal and business use thanks to our unmatched, top-level security.
- Countless features! L2TP/OpenVPN, unrestricted access to blocked web content, turbo internet connection, unlimited bandwidth, no restrictions over use, supports VoIP applications.
- Full compatibility! WASEL Pro VPN is compatible with every device and offers leading-edge apps for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
- Online freedom! One account to access all VPN servers. Two simultaneous VPN connections.
- 24/7 Live help by our friendly customer support personnel. Remote assistance via TeamViewer for inconvenient issues.
- Wi-Fi/Hotspot security! WASEL Pro VPN protects your internet connection on public and unsecured networks.
- No logging policy! We hide your real IP address and we do not keep logs of your online activity making it completely secure and untraceable.
aya1994
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Jul 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 13:16    Post subject: Another option Reply with quote
Some of my friends use private internet access http://www.bestcheapvpnservice.com/reviews/private-internet-access-vpn/
Some of the features:

- Logs of user activity of IP addresses was not kept
- Great speeds
- Very brief sign up process
-Bitcoin payment option was provided
- Client worked well
- VPN kill switch option is provided
- DNS leak protection can also be managed
- DNS leak protection in client
diary
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using bVPN service provider https://www.bvpn.com/en/ with
1. a reasonably priced
2. compatible with all operating systems
3. reliable and trusted connection
4. private and secured tunnel
5. no logs kept
6. Unlimited bandwidth
7. Easy and fast installation
8. 24/7 live customer support
Actually I am totally satisfied with bVPN service provider.
1BadBoy
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been looking at FrootVPN, though I haven't found much information for how to configure it on my DD-WRT router (PPTP Client or OpenVPN Client). Essentially I want to setup my home network such that *all* traffic goes out to the FrootVPN server and then on to the Internet. Seems like this may be possible, but as I said, there's not much information - maybe because FrootVPN is somewhat new (maybe less than a year).

Am I understanding how the router's VPN "Client" service can work? Anyone using it this way (even with other VPN service providers)? Maybe there's a better VPN service, but I'm looking for a ballpark of $30 to $40 (or a bit higher) per year.
Charlie-Boy
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 17:29    Post subject: Frootvpn ripoff Reply with quote
1BadBoy wrote:
I've been looking at FrootVPN, though I haven't found much information for how to configure it on my DD-WRT router (PPTP Client or OpenVPN Client). Essentially I want to setup my home network such that *all* traffic goes out to the FrootVPN server and then on to the Internet. Seems like this may be possible, but as I said, there's not much information - maybe because FrootVPN is somewhat new (maybe less than a year).

Am I understanding how the router's VPN "Client" service can work? Anyone using it this way (even with other VPN service providers)? Maybe there's a better VPN service, but I'm looking for a ballpark of $30 to $40 (or a bit higher) per year.


Hi, don't trust Frootvpn with your money, they ripped me off after I found their service unsuitable for streaming video. They claimed I had gone over the month time limit, they actually ignored me until that period had been reached. So no refund. Using VPN AC now and it is a zillion times better.

Buyer beware as always.

Regards.
1BadBoy
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:35    Post subject: Re: Frootvpn ripoff Reply with quote
Charlie-Boy wrote:
1BadBoy wrote:
I've been looking at FrootVPN, though I haven't found much information for how to configure it on my DD-WRT router (PPTP Client or OpenVPN Client). Essentially I want to setup my home network such that *all* traffic goes out to the FrootVPN server and then on to the Internet. Seems like this may be possible, but as I said, there's not much information - maybe because FrootVPN is somewhat new (maybe less than a year).

Am I understanding how the router's VPN "Client" service can work? Anyone using it this way (even with other VPN service providers)? Maybe there's a better VPN service, but I'm looking for a ballpark of $30 to $40 (or a bit higher) per year.


Hi, don't trust Frootvpn with your money, they ripped me off after I found their service unsuitable for streaming video. They claimed I had gone over the month time limit, they actually ignored me until that period had been reached. So no refund. Using VPN AC now and it is a zillion times better.

Buyer beware as always.

Regards.


VPN.AC looks good, but their price is a bit steeper than I anticipated ($58/year). Is it really worth the cost or are there other less expensive (similar quality/speed) alternatives available?

EDIT: I signed up for VPN.AC for 1-year to give it a try. But they indicate that torrenting is not something they want to see on their service (maybe I misunderstood), but my daughter likes to torrent on her laptop at school, so part of signing up is for my daughter's laptop.

Is torrenting a "no-no" for vpn.ac?
Duduz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jul 2015
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Service name: BVPN.com
Rated Internet speed: full speed provided by your isp
Speed: 5 ( using SSH option )
Reliability: 5
Stability: 4
Price: $9 for 1 month.

The OpenVPN Client is easy as other providers
The L2TP vpn settings are very simple too
they allow 2 simultaneous connections one using l2tp and one using the program offered by the site

I read about it here:
http://www.bestcheapvpnservice.com/reviews/backbone-vpn-b-vpn-review/
tacklefree
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Nov 2015
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 20:50    Post subject: ZPN Reply with quote
Service name: ZPN
Rated Internet speed: aprx 30Mbit
Speed: 4-5 (not the best)
Reliability: 4-5 (No logs)
Stability: 4-5 (They have load balance)
Price: premium started from $2.99 monthly, 10GB/month free

The free vpn version has 10GB limit and supports OpenVPN and L2TP. Connection stability is good if your network doesnt drops any packets, a bit sensitive because of OpenVPN protocol. I couldnt setup OpenVPN on DD-WRT router.

ZPN Website: Free VPN
Night Prowler
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
siickboii wrote:
Service name: Torguard
Rated Internet speed: N/A
Speed: N/A
Reliability: 5
Stability: 5
Price: N/A
Only problem with these folks are their Customer Service is terrible.

I have no idea why you got bad customer service from TorGuard. I have been working with them to get new VPN Pro service installed on a new Nighthawk R7000 router, and they were very prompt. TorGuard even logged in and fixed some minor problems. If I had it to do again as a new VPN subscriber; I'd just tell them what I needed and have them log in and do it, which they are happy to do. If I were to give them a star rating. I'd give them 4.5 and I don't hand out these high star ratings frequently.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum