WRT54GS with the Standard v24 special

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
Aorayedh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 16:58    Post subject: WRT54GS with the Standard v24 special Reply with quote
I just purchased the "DD-WRT v24 Special for Broadcom based devices" and got the download link for the "dd-wrt.v24_std_special_generic"
I am using the WRT54GS v6, and as far as the Shop page lists. the device is supported!

I have the v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro installed at the moment and every time i try to upgrade, i get Upgrade failed message.

I got the version because i need to run the PPTP vpn on it.

Please, where do i go from here?
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
that router can't use std, it has to use micro builds, because it only has a 2meg flash. so you'd need to either get a micro build that will fit on there, or buy better hardware which can use bigger builds.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Aorayedh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations for a better hardware with the broadcom chipset?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats too technical of a question for me to answer just outright, or recommend any kind of hardware because i would have a few questions of my own... But you can use this list in the wiki to find what you may like, and then inquire an opinion on it within this thread.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: