How to connect new router to another router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sazkion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:03    Post subject: How to connect new router to another router Reply with quote
I just installed DD-WRT on my Linksys E2500. It's connected to my parents WRT54G router that is also running DD-WRT. That router is connected to the clear Modem. I have my laptop plugged into my new router while my desktop is plugged into the other router (and the internet). My new router isn't getting any internet connection. I want to set it to a default IP address (192.168.15.3), last time I tried I messed up the router and had to do the 30/30/30 method. I want my new router to basically act as a switch but where I can connect wireless devices to it as well. The wifi from the original router barely reaches my room, so I want to use the new router's. I'd like it to be on the same network though.

Is their a guide or something that can show me how to connect my new router to my old one using a static IP address and get internet connection?
Sponsor
sazkion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was following the guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge but after I changed all of the settings and hit apply settings I am no longer able to connect to my router and have to reset using the 30/30/30 method.
Gaudi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could also try a WDS setup (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network)

I have it runing at home linking a WRT300N and WRT610N smoothly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: