Asus RT-AC66U now in stock - DD-WRT compatibility?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
GMPOWER wrote:
Here is the pic of the sticker, it says right on the sticker H/W ver. A2. I own two of these routers, both purchased at the same time from newegg, and both of them say H/W ver. A2 on them.
Sorry thought the other pic was yours, didn't pay attention to the user name.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
Sponsor
Framnes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39    Post subject: A little bit offtopic Reply with quote
Hi, I'm very happy to see that it's going forward with dd-wrt support for the RT-AC66U, going to test it on the one we have here tomorrow. Very Happy

And also, I just wanted to ask how the status on support for N66U is going? Can we expect a test version for that one in the near future as well? Smile

Thanks In Advance!
-Andrew
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31    Post subject: Re: A little bit offtopic Reply with quote
Framnes wrote:
Hi, I'm very happy to see that it's going forward with dd-wrt support for the RT-AC66U, going to test it on the one we have here tomorrow. Very Happy

And also, I just wanted to ask how the status on support for N66U is going? Can we expect a test version for that one in the near future as well? Smile

Thanks In Advance!
-Andrew

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N66U
Framnes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03    Post subject: Re: A little bit offtopic Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N66U

Thanks for the answer! Smile

I was thinking of ddwrt without having to upgrade the CFE... Sad Because we have 30 N66U routers, and we don't have time for doing everything necessary to upgrade to 64k on every router.
As I understood from the wiki, there was nothing new information about how to upgrade/what file to use with 32k compatibility...

Or did I oversee something? Smile
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
the n66u is supported plain as it is. you dont need to upgrade the cfe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
How exactly revert back to stock firmware?

If I flash the original firmware file via DD-WRT or recovery-flash interface, then I always get a user/password-prompt afterwards, and I can try every combination which all lead to "401 Unauthorized. Authorization required."

I also cleared nvram. So, what are the correct steps in detail?
trap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
clear some question for me please, bevor i purchase the router.

Flashing DD-WRT:

1) to be sure note down the mac adresses of every interface, especially wan.
note down the region with ssh -> nvram get regulation_domain; nvram get regulation_domain_5

2) flash dd-wrt in the webinterface

3) erase nvram with ssh -> nvram erase; nvram commit -> reboot

4) check mac and region with noted values

5) be happy

What about the high temperature of 80° C? is that normal? doesnt that damage the hardware?

vpn is not implemented right now, is it?

thanks in advance
semova
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
VPN: Services -> VPN

Works like a charm here
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
dasding wrote:
How exactly revert back to stock firmware?

If I flash the original firmware file via DD-WRT or recovery-flash interface, then I always get a user/password-prompt afterwards, and I can try every combination which all lead to "401 Unauthorized. Authorization required."

I also cleared nvram. So, what are the correct steps in detail?

if you installed dd-wrt you can simply access the web gui. it will ask you for changing the username and password initially and nothing more. the default telnet login and password is root/admin before you change it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
But after flashing the original firmware file, I neither see the original web interface, nor the root/admin combination works... --> unauthorized.
RMerlin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
dasding wrote:
But after flashing the original firmware file, I neither see the original web interface, nor the root/admin combination works... --> unauthorized.

Try U: admin and P: admin .
pivmobile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 18:40    Post subject: AC66U : L2TP very low speed. How to solve this problem ? Reply with quote
I tested:
- Tomato - limit PPTP VPN 7 users (very little).

- DD-WRT - unlimited VPN users - super ! But very little speed L2TP WAN
30 mbit/s (incoming internet provider Beeline 90 mbit/s).
Speed VPN server - 18 mbit/s (very bad).
( Yours dd-wrt-Asus_RT-AC66U.trx )

- Asuswrt-Merlin - limit PPTP VPN 10 users (very little), but very
good speed L2TP WAN 85 mbit/s (incoming internet provider Beeline 90
mbit/s). Speed VPN server - 40 mbit/s (very good).

How to increase speed WAN L2TP and internal PPTP server ?
chris0583
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 19:11    Post subject: Re: Restore config from a backup Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
chris0583 wrote:
Real quick question:

Can I use the backup from a WRT610Nv2 build:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/12) std-usb-nas - build 18946M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

and restore it to my freshly flashed RT-AC66U? I have tons of config settings i would like to NOT re-enter the config if possible.

Thanks in advance

usually, but not guaranteed

Not complaining but I wanted to share my experience with my move over from a WRT610Nv2 to the Asus RT-AC66U. Help some people avoid 3 hours of pain.

As you can see from the above I was running 18946. I decided to upgrade to a more current build so I upgraded to 20675 on the 610Nv2. We upgrade did not go well. All 16 of my Port Forwarding was gone when I looked at it from the web interface. I tried to add them back but the interface would not allow me to. Screen would just blink when I press the Add button. So I decided to perform a factory reset via web Gui and restore the setting from back. Same situation occurred. Again I performed a factory reset and then a mtd -r erase nvram. I then spend the next 90 mins entering all the info back into the router via web Gui. Router was running fine for a day so rebooted and backed up a copy of the config. I then updates my Asus with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/10/13) giga - build 20908. Update went well. I restored a copy of the config from build 20675 and the unit rebooted. When it came up wl0 and wl1 were both being detected as 5GHZ radios[/img]

RT-AC66U-1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.63 KB
 Viewed:  17286 Time(s)

RT-AC66U-1.png

dasding
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
RMerlin wrote:
dasding wrote:

Try U: admin and P: admin .

Thank you, that worked!
ig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 19:52    Post subject: boot loops Reply with quote
i have tried to load several builds and the router just boot loops constantly rebooting.

I have tried GUI and "RESCUE MODE" through (HTTP) recovery console.

any help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 90, 91, 92  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 18 of 92
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: