WHR-G125

Goto page 1, 2  Next
juancho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 15:26    Post subject: WHR-G125 Reply with quote
is only g this router?,, with this is possible that the whr-g54s will be discontinued?
Sponsor
u3gyxap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
WHR-G54S has already been discontinued. It will be around for a while, until the quantities last. Though, it looks like WHR-G125 will be supported.
scoop591
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking to replace my failing wrt54g v3 with a Buffalo router. I saw some info on WHR-G125 and it sounds like a good chipset. However, it doesn't look like it has one of Buffalo's amplified antennae installed. I saw where someone mentioned Buffalo was releasing a WHR-HP-G125. Has anyone else confirmed this? Thanks.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
in mid june the Buffalo WHR HP G125 will be released in US. thats what i can confirm. this has a external antenna (RP-SMA) . the WHR G54s will be not discontinued at all. while doing some discussions with Buffalo Japan, Buffalo offered us to provide it still for dd-wrt users. i dont know what this means at all. but it could be that we can offer it still on our shop. so still some pieces will be around the market. but i dont know where and i dont know the number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does it work in repeater mode?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just bought one of these.. how do i install dd-wrt from the stock firmware?
interconnect
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
do i just use the stock firmware's update tool to load in the appropriate dd-wrt firmware or what? is their documentation on this? how stable is the dd-wrt firmware for this router?
interconnect
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
nm, found it in the wiki
violinjjb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am looking at getting a buffalo router to replace a very unstable Belkin Pre-N. I am pretty familiar with DD-WRT. I have done some research on the G54s, the HP-G54 and the G125.

I understand that the difference between the G54s and the HP is that the HP has a built in amplifier that boosts the signal and increases the range of coverage and signal quality.

Does the new G125 have a built in amplifier?

I am really thinking about getting the HP G54, but would love to save some money if the G125 has the built in amplifier. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.
dc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 23:23    Post subject: G125 Reply with quote
Hi,

Actually the WHR-G125 does not have an amplifier built in. I hear from other posts that the HP version will be out later this month (or next month).

I picked up a couple of the 125 units based on the features table in the wiki.. unfortunately the antenna is not removable but other than that, it seems to be a great performer.

DC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah i just got one of these and is running great! although i'm going to return it and have already bought a hp-g125. are there plans to support the hp-g125 in dd-wrt?
Scabies
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
So Buffalo says nothing as to whether or not these are MIMO. I have heard they are, but the lack of documentation of such features has me wondering. Isn't this kind of a big selling point? If thats the case, does the 125 series lack MIMO?
(Speculation to a minimum, folks)
dc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 0:56    Post subject: second unit .. red diag light on.. Reply with quote
Hmm.. I flashed the second unit this evening and the red diag light is on (even after reset to factory) every time I boot - and stays on. The only difference between the two, as far as I can tell, is that I used the June 16th version of the G125 software.

How do I turn the light off? (gpio poll 7??) (beside pulling the plug!)

DC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scabies wrote:
So Buffalo says nothing as to whether or not these are MIMO. I have heard they are, but the lack of documentation of such features has me wondering. Isn't this kind of a big selling point? If thats the case, does the 125 series lack MIMO?
(Speculation to a minimum, folks)

It is not MIMO.

MIMO is not always preferred. Not necessarily better in many applications.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: