Domain name not forwarding from internal machines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
j0rdan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 18:47    Post subject: Domain name not forwarding from internal machines. Reply with quote
Hi all, a quick question, hope it in the right section.
First off, system details,
Code:
Router Model Netgear WNDR3700
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) std - build 19519

OK, so I my own domain name and I have a sub domain setup to point to my home for a small personal use website inside my network.

So I have setup the 'Port Foward' section from 'NAT / QoS' to forward port 80 to my server.

Code:
Port: 80    Protocol:TCP    Source Net:     Port From: 80    IP Address:192.168.1.2    Port To: 80    Enable: Yes

No from outside, using my domain name I get access to my internal system as desired, but from within my network I am unable to use my domain name to access my internal server, instead having to address it by its local hostname or IP.
Now with an older version of DD-WRT I didnt have this problem (sorry not sure what version it was) and I didnt have this issue on my old standard router.

Now I presumed it was something down to the Source Net field which is currently blank, I though setting this to 0.0.0.0 would fix it, but this doesnt seem to help

Any help on this would be great, if not is their a newer version of the firmware I should try that could help?

Thanks guys.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: